PDA

View Full Version : Whats so good about DF?

Jann-Lee
04-12-2002, 11:34 PM
Hey

I was wondering what exactly DF does? Is it a good program and what are the differences with other composoting packages?

Jayk2k
04-16-2002, 12:45 AM
Granted, I may be a bit biased, but I'll add my 2 cents anyways.

I think you'll find we are much faster in most intances. We strive to keep our tools well multi threaded and on a dual processor system you will find a marked perfomance increase.

Just announced at NAB, is our beta for DFScript, where most things in Digital Fusion can now be scripted. Got a full drive and have to move footage to another location? No prob, our re-path script will take all of the loaders and change the location of the footage for you.

We also support a large number of file formats, 3D particle system, and great color correction and keying abilities.

The traffic in this forum is not very big. Try our user group for more info. www.pigsfly.com

If you have any specific questions please ask. You can also find a copy of our demo at our web site.

DazMan
04-25-2002, 09:40 PM
:beer:

What's so great about DF???

It basically kick's butt.... I've used several other more expensive high-end comping packages for various projects but when I had the chance to use Digital Fusion... I found it had a much better UI, flow graph, and user defined layout then it's competitor's (and is easy to pick up for beginners).

I love the little drag & drop/insert function(s) for the various tools etc... very quick and user friendly.

Have a look at the demo and online tips/tricks. The "digital compositing in depth" book is also great for learning practical stuff in DF... have a look.

Daz :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.