PDA

View Full Version : Climbing Wall

Wilson-3d
11-28-2007, 06:58 PM
Hey there,

I have been working on another animation for my reel. Thanks a lot for the input on my last one jumping over a wall. I am going to have it updated soon. This one is another short shot - 3 seconds - of a guy scaling a wall. I have not had a chance to show it to anyone yet so any feedback is really appreciated.

Wall Climb (http://chrismyers3d.com/wip/cmyers_wall_climb_001.mov) - QuickTime - 3 Megs

Thanks a lot for any critiques!

-Chris

mistasam02
11-28-2007, 07:51 PM
That was awesome!! :applause: I loved the crazy flailing limbs, lol. It's very close to complete.. just needs a few little touches. Start him off-screen, if possible. The audience needs a second to assess the scene. That or start him running from a stand-still (harder, but cooler). When he's running up close to the wall, he kinda slows down before the jump. Actually there's a pause on his right foot and a "jump" (no pun intended) as he lurches forward with his left foot onto the wall. If that was a smoother motion with the same pace as the run, it would work way better. He needs that running momentum to get up the wall (or at least up to the point he gets before flailing). After that everything looks amazing :D just watch his IK legs knee popping things. Great work dude! Definitely a reel piece!

KyleG
11-28-2007, 09:49 PM
this is coming along very nice, a couple of little things, when his hands and feet hit the wall don't have them stick in place, slide them down the wall for the couple of frames they are touching, also for the last jump on frame 32 I would have his entire body go a little higher it will give a little more feeling of weight and struggle on the last jump, this is looking very good :)

Wilson-3d
11-30-2007, 10:17 PM
Hello,

I had some time to do another pass on this one, tired to get everything you mentioned in. I feel like I am just about finished and could sure use a few more sets of eyes on it. Thanks for any info.

Wall Climb 2 (http://chrismyers3d.com/wip/cmyers_wall_climb_002.mov) - QuickTime 3.2 megs

Thanks a lot
- Chris

arrow000
12-01-2007, 05:56 AM
Hey, this is really great! There are only 2 things that I can really point out. Get more impact when he hits the wall. Also, I really like that he slips down. However, even though your 2 slips are different, they feel similar for some reason. Make them more different. Maybe even have him almost fall backwards.

I really like this clip, keep it up!

Wilson-3d
12-06-2007, 02:58 PM
O.k. I think I am just about finished with this one. Thanks for the input so far.

I would really appreciate any other feedback as I finish this on up.

Wall Climb 3 (http://chrismyers3d.com/animation/cmyers_wall_climb_002.mov) - QuickTime 3.4 megs

Cheers,

Chris

mistasam02
12-06-2007, 08:44 PM
Sick, looks WAY better! :D Only thing that sticks out to me is the crazy anticipation back before he hops over. If you toned that down just a lil, it would still work, and wouldn't be as extreme. He's just going too fast to move that far back, imo. Awesome improvement!

gotothejim
12-07-2007, 05:30 AM
i agree with sam.... tone down the anticipation a little bit... kind of how it was like in 'wall climb 2"

great work though.

Wilson-3d
12-07-2007, 02:10 PM
Thanks a lot for the comments guys. I think this version is looser but I was thinking I may of gone a little overboard. I will pull it back some and try to find a nice medium.

Cheers,
Chris

Wilson-3d
12-07-2007, 06:49 PM
Alright. Lets see how this one goes. I pulled back on the anticipate but It still has more "uumph" than version 2. I hope that on this one you can feel his arm strenght as he pulls himself up at the end. As always, thanks a lot for any critiues. I am thinking is about finished.

Wall Climb 4 (http://chrismyers3d.com/animation/cmyers_wall_climb_003.mov)- QuickTime 3.4 Megs

Thanks,
Chris

mistasam02
12-08-2007, 01:37 AM
Awesome :thumbsup: Now ambient occlusion final gather that bad boy LOL

jimmy4d
12-08-2007, 01:07 PM
Yeah..... that last one is sweet. Nice head movment at the end when he flips over the wall.

Wilson-3d
12-09-2007, 01:18 AM
Thanks a lot you two. And thanks for all the critiques I received. It really helped.

Cheers,
Chris

CGTalk Moderation
12-09-2007, 01:18 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.