PDA

View Full Version : Maya Techniques DVD. Fast animation Rigs.

plexiGlass
04-17-2003, 05:28 PM
Selling another seriously useful DVD with excellent content if anyone is interested here is a Link To the DVD (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2723286637&ssPageName=ADME:B:LC:US:1) It's From A|W. Maya Techniques | Fast Animation Rig's. It's almost new, and in basicly new condition just opened no scratches. I wached it twice, and took notes. That's all I needed, but there was some really excellent content in there. The Infamous (and excellent instructor) Jason Schleifer from Weta Digital (Lord of the Rings | Like you didn't know) Is your Animation GURU on this intermediate to advanced DVD. This may be what your looking for. :thumbsup:

zempher
04-18-2003, 01:21 AM
i would really like this, could you mail it to the UK perchance?

plexiGlass
04-18-2003, 01:36 AM
I have no idea how much it would cost to mail to the UK, but If you pay for the cost of shipping I would do it.

mental
04-18-2003, 01:44 AM
i don't mean to intrude but just remember that the US uses NTSC and the UK uses PAL... besides the US and the UK might even use different region codes for their DVDs.

zempher
04-18-2003, 01:46 AM
good point, but that's not gonna stop me extracting the infomation from the dvd if i have a multiregion dvd player right???

onlooker
04-18-2003, 04:59 AM
Originally posted by zempher
good point, but that's not gonna stop me extracting the infomation from the dvd if i have a multiregion dvd player right???

The DVD is not region coded It's a Multi_Region DVD set to 0 (I have it too)

As far as PAL goes I have no idea about such things.

plexiGlass
04-24-2003, 06:51 PM
I brought the price down on this DVD to start a $50.00 Note: If you use Buy it now I will take PayPal, or if you add $3.00 to the total cost after shippng to cover the paypal costs you can use paypal.

This DVD costs 129.99 new From A|W. It's in new condition. $50.00 is a smokin deal if you ask me.

HERE IS THE LINK (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=175&item=2725007418&rd=1)

Zappa
04-28-2003, 06:00 AM
HeY!Guys,
Anyone know if the scripts that come with the JS Fast animation rigs DVD will work with Maya 5.0 ?

Thanks for your reply.
Cheers
zappa

jschleifer
04-28-2003, 09:38 PM
heya,

I've been trying to update all the scripts for both dvds to 5.0.. the problem I'm having is that I don't have 5.0 for NT, just for Mac. All the scripts work on Mac.. but I'm finding that some of them don't work for NT.

As soon as I can get a copy of maya on NT, I'll update 'em and release versions which work on both NT and Mac.

cheers!
-jason

SirRender
04-28-2003, 09:58 PM
Awesome, Jason! Thank you so much for updating your scripts for the Mac. Most of the time its the other way. NT but no Mac. Did you recently switch to Mac?

tropistic
04-29-2003, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by jschleifer
I've been trying to update all the scripts for both dvds to 5.0..

Hopefully those will work out for 4.5 too - for those of use having to put off upgrading due to neglecting repairing our cars for far too long...argh...stupid cars...

Jay

Zappa
04-29-2003, 06:53 AM
HeY!Jason,
Thanks for taking the time to upgrade the scripts...that is just awesome....i thought the monkey animation on your DVD was way kool.
btw...thought A/W would throw at you any version of Maya you could think of :eek:
Cheers
zappa:beer:

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.