PDA

View Full Version : Under what to parent deformer?

spacerweb
11-28-2007, 09:13 AM
Ok, i'm still trying to make a good rig for a magazine, and until this point i worked out pretty much, but there are still some issues! One of them is that i rigged it with a spline ik and then i clustered the cv's on curve for a better control. After that i've put a lattice on low poly to get some twisting and squashing deformations, and atop of that lattice i'm placing some bend deformers.
I figured out that i should parent bend deformer under lattice on which it's applied, but i'm having a problem under what to parrent lattice, since i need to put all rig in one group for movement control of it, and when i parrent lattice under the same group where everything else is, i get something like double transformations!?
Can someone point me to right directions, since this is not a unique problem, i guess eveybody could benefit from answering this cause it's natural to have a lot deformers on a object.
Obliously i could do all of this using blendshapes (make separate blendshape for each page), but let's try to figure out this in this way!

anthonymcgrath
11-28-2007, 02:13 PM
is your skin bound to a mesh? I only ask as you talk about an ikspline so I'm guessing you have spine joints in there?

If so adding a lattice will always add double transformations to the skin as the joints moving are moving the mesh then the lattice movement is adding on top of that.

CGTalk Moderation
11-28-2007, 02:13 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.