PDA

View Full Version : grouping issues

Galakgorr
11-27-2007, 06:23 PM
In Fusion 5.2, how do you add or subtract nodes to/from an existing group? I can't find anything in the documentation on groups except how to create or delete them.

Thanks!

izyk
11-29-2007, 12:13 AM
Hello

You add and remove tools from a group mostly as you would anywhere else in the flow. Open the group so the tools it contains are visible. Then you can do any of the following

1. Drag drop tools from the toolbar into the group
2. Right click inside the group and choose your tool from the Add Tool menu
3. Select a tool in the group, then choose a tool from the tool menu (this will insert the new tool after the selected tool)

You currently can't add a new tool between the last tool in a group and the groups own output - for that you have to UnGroup, the add the tool and regroup.

Hope that helps!

Galakgorr
11-29-2007, 06:42 PM
Yeah, that helps, thanks. I guess what I was getting at, though, was whether or not it's possible to drag a disconnected tool (or, especially, a selection of tools) into an already-existing group. Seems like the only way to do that is to ungroup and re-group with the new tools, though, huh?

izyk
11-29-2007, 08:01 PM
Yeah, that helps, thanks. I guess what I was getting at, though, was whether or not it's possible to drag a disconnected tool (or, especially, a selection of tools) into an already-existing group. Seems like the only way to do that is to ungroup and re-group with the new tools, though, huh?

Well, you SHOULD be able to cut/paste the tools into the group. I just tested that though - and its a bit broken. Thats something we will fix for the next patch - which will be out any day now.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

CGTalk Moderation
11-29-2007, 08:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.