PDA

View Full Version : Increasing speed...

fabriciomicheli
11-27-2007, 05:30 PM
Hi there guys.
Let me tell you my problem.
I have a torus knot object. I created a plow source and use the torus object as volume for my particles so I set the object as no renderable and I have the shape of the torus conformed by particles...
well, it's ok so far... now the idea is that i want to disorder the particles from its original torus shape. For this, I want to increase the speed slowly so the particles move faster in order the movie goes forward. The problem is that taking into account that I created all the particles in the first frame, when I adjust the velocity or speed of the particles, nothing happens. I mean I want to start moving the particles slow and faster every frame from frame 20 forward, but I asume according to what I tried, that the particle speed is attached according to the moment on that particle was born. How can I accelerate particles that were born already and have an inicial speed value of zero?
Hope you can help me my friends.

JohnnyRandom
11-27-2007, 06:21 PM
Add an age test set to say 5,5 linked to a new event add a speed operator, then you can set keys in the speed operators "speed" spinner. Set a key at frame 0 with a speed of 0 scrub to frame 20, set another key with a speed of 100.

fabriciomicheli
11-27-2007, 08:56 PM
I got that, but how can I link the age of a particle with speed?
the idea is that, the older the particle, the faster it moves.

JohnnyRandom
11-27-2007, 11:58 PM
I see. Oh dear, script it.

Sorry, I must have misunderstood your question.

Here is an attempt at it: it loops the particle through a spawn, each time the particle goes through the loop it gains 20+20% inhereted speed.

fabriciomicheli
11-28-2007, 10:56 AM
Hey Jonhnny! Thanks a lot man. That's exactly what I was looking for!
It helps a lot! :thumbsup:

JohnnyRandom
11-28-2007, 04:28 PM
Cool:)

I was trying to build a script operator for it, but my PFlow scripting skills are still in kindergarden.

I think that scripting it would give you more control.

CGTalk Moderation
11-28-2007, 04:28 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.