PDA

View Full Version : Subdivision Problems

SomberResplendence
11-27-2007, 05:11 PM
Hello! I just downloaded the trial version of Mudbox, and I can't seem to subdivide more than once without Mudbox freezing on me. The times when I try to subdivide a 228 poly mesh to the second level, the program freezes at 90% subdividing. Also I work with a fellow developer who has the same machine, but not the same problem. Anyone know why this is happening? Thanks!

SomberResplendence
11-29-2007, 01:17 AM
Ok, nevermind :P I solved the problem. There was some funky geometry in my mesh. The funny thing is that the triangles and two n-gons were not the culprits. I believe the problem came from having a vertice on an edge that was not being used by any other edges. Therefore it was a lone vertice on an edge. Next time I'll pay more attention :P

Sentientv2
04-03-2008, 01:01 PM
I was having the same issue. Using cleanup on my model (and as a result triangulating the model) I was able to subdivide with no problems.

CGTalk Moderation
04-03-2008, 01:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.