PDA

View Full Version : Noob needs colouring help

jERiCHO DARQUA
04-17-2003, 12:02 PM
Hi i am using photoshop since today and i need help with colouring a pencil sketch. My question is how to save the original pencil lines while colouring it.

Stroker
04-17-2003, 12:31 PM
You can either copy the pencil layer or paint on a different layer. Either way, make sure you save a working PSD, then export to whatever file format you need.

jERiCHO DARQUA
04-17-2003, 01:03 PM
youŽll know by this, that i am really noobish but now ive created a new layer. <i can switch which i want to see and which not. But how can i paint with color on the one layer while on the other layer only the pencil lines stay and i see the color of the first layer under them?

whitejake
04-17-2003, 01:40 PM
Assuming your paper is white, put the pencil layer on top and set it to Multiply. Then you can color on the layer below it and still have the lines showing above.

Stroker
04-17-2003, 01:43 PM
I usually have the pencil sketch layer on top and set to Multiply. Then I paint on a layer directly beneath it. Some people do it the other way.

PolyKarbon talks about this somewhere.

http://www.polykarbon.com/tutorials/index.htm

jERiCHO DARQUA
04-17-2003, 02:32 PM
Got it....for now^^ thanks alot!

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.