PDA

View Full Version : "The Paper" our student film production

avneriginal
11-26-2007, 06:35 AM
Hi there,

This is a 6 weeks short film production we did for school.

We are interested to hear what you guys think or have to say about it.

http://www.avneriginal.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/nath_dvd_cover_web.jpg

To watch the video click here to play (http://www.avneriginal.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/paper-submission-web.mov)

Cheers

Av and Paul

st3ady
11-28-2007, 08:41 AM
it made me LOL
i liked it, i could tell what was going on and thought it was funny and well animated

thought it was wierd the dog had no butt hole but owell it is probably for the sake of cartoony style :P

veljko-lemonade
11-28-2007, 12:21 PM
Hi,
overall its an excellent achievement, congrats!:)
but i think there are a few things that could have been better-
in the opening shot of the newspaper it would have been much better if the newspaper was modeled and more realistic. The camera could have been more fluid, it is imho a bit rigid in alot of the movie zooms and pannings.
this is illustrated well in the opening shot. where the came stands still and then without any ease in starts to zoom to the image of the opening shot.
on the shot where trought the window you see the dog chasing away the paper boy, it would have been better if he was inside the house fence running out- In the film it seems like he is running from a house down the street and not the house of our actor.
also, the clock could have used some kind of an animation when ringing (bobbing around or something)
the calendar shot is far to long and uninteresting- i would eather shorten it down alot or make it more interesting (the pages tearing down with every day or something)

hope this helps!:)

in any cease, cool work!:)

avneriginal
11-28-2007, 09:07 PM
Thanks for the feedback veljko-lemonade,

We are aware there were things we could have done better, but due to a very tight and limited production schedule (6 weeks) we had to compromise on some things.

Cheers

veljko-lemonade
11-29-2007, 10:45 AM
i understand,
:)

avneriginal
12-02-2007, 12:43 AM
Anyone, any more thoughts on our short film effort?

Cheers

:)

CGTalk Moderation
12-02-2007, 12:43 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.