PDA

View Full Version : The New Standard

DirtyKilla
04-12-2002, 08:00 PM
wasss up everybody i wass just wandering what are the new standard in gaming right now like what would be the resolution of the texture in PS2, XBOX and PC and the maximum of facet for modeling compared whit the playstation ,dreamcast, n64 cause i have been playing some great looking games in the xbox.
and i want to model and texture using these new stantard so it could help me get a job in that field.

thanks in advance

Omita
04-14-2002, 11:27 AM
It really depends.

3500-100,000 depending what engine and what Consol you are using. Xbox has virtually infinite polygons support, but texture size is more limiting. But it all depends...

I do work similar to the company you want to work for. Just emulate what their polycount is and then maybe add some extra detail for Next Generation work.

bentllama
04-14-2002, 02:12 PM
my advice would to model several LOD's of the same model... then we can see your hi-res talents as well as your direction you take with only a 1000 polys or less...

...polycount and texture space relly depends on three things:

1) type of console
2) game genre
3) art/code omptimization cheats/tweaks

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.