PDA

View Full Version : Empty Canvas, Richard Lyall (3D)

craftycurate
11-25-2007, 12:29 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/251731/251731_1195997369_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/251731/251731_1195997369_large.jpg)

Title: Empty Canvas
Name: Richard Lyall
Software: Vue

A still life based on the idea that creativity can be like an empty canvas at times. The tools are always available to us, but the creative flow comes and goes. At times, it can feel like an "empty canvas" - if there is no idea, the canvas can remain empty.

This image tries to capture this regarding visual arts and music, using an empty canvas and an empty musical score to represent the frustration of the artist who wants to create and enjoy the buzz of creating, but who has nothing to bring to the creative moment.

I've tried to capture the sense that someone has either been and gone, perhaps frustrated by "painter's block", or has yet to arrive - the position of the piano stool and the artist's stool relative to their respective "canvases" suggests that the scene is unresolved.

Some objects modelled by me, others taken and used with extensive modification and retexturing.

Radiosity render using an high-res HDRI skydome.

Richard Lyall November 2007

Kage06
11-25-2007, 06:06 PM
Nice idea :)

It looks as if its miniture though somehow. I can't pinpoint whats causing it, but it might be something to do with the text on the piano and the cameras positioning.

plakkert
11-25-2007, 06:35 PM
To me it looks like all the floor boards are too big, comparing with the other objects. Maybe you could try scaling the floor texture down?

DavidHughes3d
11-26-2007, 12:20 AM
excellent work. dont listen to that hater, geeze i cant stand people like that....

there is nothing wrong with the floor boards.....

this is a great render 4* from me

JGW
11-26-2007, 02:24 AM
nice blurred reflection on the piano:wise:

CGTalk Moderation
11-26-2007, 02:24 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.