PDA

View Full Version : my 1'st experimental animations, check it!

IvanMitkowski
11-25-2007, 03:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WN76QjnTxY

tell me what you think!! fairly new to animation, looking for work, currently living in brooklyn, wanting to do some maya/zbrush modeling/texturing for people !!!

Xaviart
11-25-2007, 05:21 PM
One thing I'd definitely work on is making smoother, less erratic camera moves. Your camera flight through the bathroom is way too fast and too sharp. Make slower, sweeping movements rather than trying to zoom everywhere to show all your stuff off.

IvanMitkowski
11-25-2007, 05:39 PM
yea i realized that right after it was done, i was keyframing the cameras movements every 10 frames instead of every 20, future camera movements will be slower and smoother --- thanks :)

IvanMitkowski
11-30-2007, 04:36 PM
this is going to be a modeling/texturing demoreel eventually with very little actual animation (maybe ill change my mind about that) just wanted to say, as a modeler/texture man, maya is my prog of choice when it comes to overall 3d package, but i felt extremely limited with maya when it comes to modeling and texturing, of course ide make a basemesh in maya, and technically maya has its own 3d paint tool so that you can directly paint texture on a 3d objects surface within maya, but in my opinion it SUCKS!, and comparitively to zbrush 3, sculpting tools in maya SUCK! so when i picked up zbrush 3 a few months back, it changed everything, my whole outlook on workflow, ability to make detailed models, ability to make awesome textures directly on the 3d model with no lagging at all, with 3d texturing tools that pretty much rival photoshop tools cept you dont need to paint your brush strokes on top of UV's in 2d space, you can do it in beautiful 3d space, even with beautiful zbrush3 fog to lighten up the background. my favorite sculpting tools are probably everyone elses favorites too--- if the standard edit brush is zeus, then the smooth rake tool is hercules, and the claytubes brush is the god of war. awesome tools. if i see any modeling / texture reels without the use of any zbrush 3, im probably going to suggest you use it, because it has had such a great impact on my work----RANT DONE!

IvanMitkowski
11-30-2007, 04:44 PM
after watching the subsurface scattered shader intro at gnomonology.com i decided to start modeling a candle in zbrush3 with a cylinder basemesh. i wanted to make a candle because light travels thru wax, and i know something about maya fluids so i can hopefully make a nice little candle flame. got a little carried away with the candle and carved a face on the side of it, so maybe its going to be a talking candle? anyway, its lots of fun to sculpt it, and its going to be a nightmare to unwrap the uv's, but once i get the sss set up on it, i'll post a render- time to finish the sculpt!

CGTalk Moderation
11-30-2007, 04:44 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.