PDA

View Full Version : My very first fantasy style drawing - please comment

staglider2
04-12-2002, 07:29 PM
at this stage only a modest sketch from my sketchbook. If someone would like to do something with it...Im not familiar with with doing fantasy drawings...

puddlefish
04-12-2002, 08:25 PM
Nice sketch, there's a good sense of personality and the pose is natural. However it looks a little like he's leaning against something (behind him), is this intentional? I think it's because the shoulders seem to be relaxing back a little too far for an upright position, as his weight would then probably be leaning into his weapon.
Still, it's a lovely drawing, why not develop it more, either as a more finished pencil or as a painting? :)
Hope this helps

staglider2
04-12-2002, 09:12 PM
I had the intentional idea to finish it later with a victim on the ground wich the warrior is holding down with the tip of his sword

puddlefish
04-13-2002, 01:44 AM
Sounds good, but I think it would be more convincing if he was leaning forward more and shifting his upper body weight into the sword, it would also lead the eye much easier through the curve of his figure, down the sword and to the victim.

gnarlycranium
04-14-2002, 01:21 PM
His legs look very thin and lonely... maybe he needs some pants. Or a Roman skirt kinda thing. I like whatever it is you've got going on the top of his head, I'm guessing a helmet with the faceplate tipped back? Once you've got the details cleaned up, I think it'll be great, especially the barbaric grin. :grin:

staglider2
04-14-2002, 04:42 PM
i started to hate it, this drawing....i could not find a way to solve it in colors

_a_
04-14-2002, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by staglider2
i started to hate it, this drawing....i could not find a way to solve it in colors

Amen my fiend, amen. Hate love hate lol. I thought I saw a version of this in one of the other forums in colour? I like this one more, he has more depth and character, and the proportions are better (especially the arm and hand) I still dont understand his pose though, still looks a bit constipated to me :rolleyes: lol He just doesn't seem to be standing naturally??? What is he doing?

staglider2
04-14-2002, 07:27 PM
he's doing nothing, i rarely draw humanoid characters with a purpose in mind, most of the time things start 'out of the blue'...I wish i had more focussed goals in mind sometimes.

I'll post a ballpen "spontaneous sketch"...no idea, no clue what i was going to do..

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.