PDA

View Full Version : Dawn at Infinity

aurora
11-23-2007, 07:53 PM
http://assets.cgsociety.org/nvart/1195847583/680bound
(http://assets.cgsociety.org/nvart/1195847583/1024bound)I created this initially to test out the recursive reflection properties of LightWave's conductor materials. This is actually near the end of a short animation traveling through this environment. I liked it so much I decided to enter it. I'll probably add another still from the animation to the challenge later.

LAV
11-23-2007, 09:09 PM
You tested a side of light we cannot get with our so weak eyes. Just to imagine... or just to make!
I like it, really.
What kind of surfaces you did use? I guess curved ones? :)

Neox3d
11-24-2007, 06:45 AM
wow cool, really like the pattern very detailed

aurora
11-24-2007, 05:21 PM
Thanks Lav my friend and Neox3d.
Lav I used our old friend Sierpinski balls concept for this and the two images, both of which are more detailed and much richer.
The one thing, and just about the only thing really, that I truely like about this image is the Watcher like character/feature that magically appears in the upper center of the image. That was just a pure 'happy' accident as Bob Ross would have said.

LAV
11-27-2007, 12:17 PM
The one thing, and just about the only thing really, that I truely like about this image is the Watcher like character/feature that magically appears in the upper center of the image.

... Oh! Man! Now I see it/him!...
interesting. In my mind I was always sure there are many strange, friendly or ominous things into 3dspace. The point is when, and if, you let them to appear!
Others say often this creatures and beeings are only in the watcher eyes. No no! They are there asking you to let them be. ;)

Silkrooster
12-01-2007, 03:20 AM
Very cool.

Silk

CGTalk Moderation
12-01-2007, 03:20 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.