PDA

View Full Version : My Freaky Selfportrait

straechav
04-16-2003, 05:51 PM
Well, I am sure no one else has done this - so I wanted to be first one to be so self-centered that my first post would be a self-portrait :rolleyes:

This pic is relatively old. I guess I started it somewhere around february, worked few days on it - thought it ready, forgot it, and then all my problems started. My computer doesn't work, hard drive crashed, monitor broke down, and so on. So, I've worked bits and pieces of this pic slowly about the duration of two months. I can't even guess how many hours I spent. All I know that virtually everything on the pic is redone about twice and I've used about 100 different custom brushes in photoshop 7 (everytime I formatted HD, I didn't bother to back up my brushes...).

This is also a picture I made as a proof to myself that PS7 rulz. I couldn't have done this on any older version, since they lack the custom brushes of 7.

http://www.straechav.com/gallery/selfclown_final.jpg

this HOPEFULLY is the final version. And no, I didn't aim at realism, if you couldn't tell already :p

JonasNoell
04-16-2003, 06:21 PM
WTF! *think about what to say next*
OMG!
Amazing!

:shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

straechav
04-18-2003, 10:42 AM
Thanks or your reply - especially since it appears you're only one who cares to comment. Am I really that ugly, or what? I'd have thought that I'd get at least some critique...

KolbyJukes
04-18-2003, 10:52 AM
AWESOME! :buttrock:

-Kol.

pigwater
04-18-2003, 09:46 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

richd
04-18-2003, 11:54 PM
that drawing is crackalackin :thumbsup:

Najd
04-19-2003, 01:21 AM
Wow, nice work man, really impressive

Continue posting :buttrock:

shambler
04-19-2003, 02:35 AM
Whoa! Stretch that old arm, straechav, and pat yourself on the back

straechav
04-19-2003, 04:35 PM
Thank you for all your comments guys, although I like the pic - I still find way too many problems with it. But I have to admit that it is my best for a while. The pic also has some contrast problems which is a result of working on the same pic on both mac and pc...

I will submit more stuff as soon as I get my computer working and all that. I do have some wicked ideas... none less freaky, even, at that.

Alevice
04-19-2003, 08:52 PM
Nice. I think the bg need some work, tho. It does not seem to have a clear light source, and for the painting style, me thinks it does not really fit.

I dont know what you mean to be the first one doing it. If it is becoz you think that your the only one posting a self portrait as first post, well, yer wrong. But if you mean making a clown as selfportrait, well yeah, you seem to be the first one so far.

M.Rogne
04-20-2003, 01:15 AM
Hehe... Nice.
By the way, is that as you see yourself or as others see you ? -.- Psychotic Bastard @.@

straechav
04-20-2003, 09:13 AM
I'm not quite sure Alevice what you mean by the painting style not working? Do you mean that the painting style I did the BG with does not work? Or the general picture? - The way i've done the picture, I am not surprised if someone finds problems with the style ... since it is an collection of different styles layered on top of each others. Like I said, I worked on the pic bits and pieces here and then, and on different computers and systems.

As for how I see myself. Well, I am not quite sure if everyone else perceives me as a clown - but I do. At least to some extent.

Alevice
04-20-2003, 09:07 PM
I meant the bg seems to have a somewhat different painting style than the clown. But now that i think about it, if you changed the style, the clown could be lost a tad bit with the bg. So nm all i said =P

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.