PDA

View Full Version : Demo reel crits requested =)

Xaviart
11-23-2007, 06:35 AM
Hey all, I'd like for anyone who has time to check out my character animation reel and give me their thoughts and crits. Here's the link, it's a 60 mb quicktime file:

http://www.xaviart.com/demoreel.mov

Any comments would be helpful, as I'd like to make it as good as I possibly can. Thanks!

VISEone
11-23-2007, 07:57 AM
One thing I would change is the background-music - It might fit to the first scene but it doesn't fit to the "Transformer"-scene in my opinion.
Either you could change the music at each scene or better try a little more exciting style of music...

Xaviart
11-23-2007, 04:16 PM
Yea I agree, the transformers band scene doesn't really work too well with that music so I'm thinking of making a transition there. I mainly picked that song because it worked so well for the first part heh :)

Blekdar
11-24-2007, 01:50 AM
Ok I'll have to admit, the gundam band scene was pretty awesome in a funny way, but the music didn't suit it at all. Did you have a song in mind already when you aminated it?

Xaviart
11-24-2007, 02:05 AM
Yeah that band sequence was a small part of a larger video, which was set to an actual song (the bots were representations of the actual band and how they move around, play, etc). Problem is that with all the cuts I made for the reel, putting in that song would sound kind of jarring.

Wilson-3d
11-26-2007, 02:12 PM
Hi. Looks like you are off to a good start. I agree with the above comments. If the original Transformer music is too jarring you may be able to find some that is closer to the original but is a little subtler. Almost any Rock and Roll may work - its crazy how much stuff will just sync up. I just mention Rock and Roll meaning - drums guitar and the works but it is not say - Rage Against the Machine, so some fast clean music may be better and not have such a hard transition. You may be able to fade it in with like a one second transition on the audio level - just a thought. Also I think the over all animation seems a little bit slow on the first scene and the slow easy going music is adding to that so perhaps some music that has a little faster pace will go good with the start of the reel and also provide a better transition for the final scene.

Just wanted to throw some ideas out there. Good luck with it!

CGTalk Moderation
11-26-2007, 02:12 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.