PDA

View Full Version : Jetcar - 25sec VFX Shot

jbrown2006
11-22-2007, 07:31 AM
Hi folks,

Still working on stuff to put on my demoreel. This shot was a lot of fun as I was learning a lot in the process. Goal: to achieve realistic lighting and seemless CG integration. Please let me know how successful you think I was.

Used Maya 8.5, Combustion, After Effects.

As always, your comments are much appreciated.

Video link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJiVDGkTsBc

anthonymcgrath
11-22-2007, 07:55 AM
hehehehe thats ace!! Only thing I'd say is that the reflection feels a bit too high. I'm not sure if its down to the colour of the vehicle in contrast with the much darker cars in the background though? It might be down to those bg vehicles being quite reflective on top, but on the sides they're not really getting much reflection at all and are almost black. I know this car isn't parked near the fence its in a more open bit of tarmac so it would be reflecting all that I guess.
It may be the windscreen glass that feels a bit blue whereas the glass on the bg cars is almost casting green?

the step back from the character is nice and the subtle shadow that falls across his body as the front of the car goes past him.

door opening is really nice too and the slight sink on the car is he sits down in it.

awesome work mate :buttrock: sell me that car hehe!

jbrown2006
11-22-2007, 04:14 PM
Thanks for your comments, Anthony. I hear what you are saying. I see that you also may have a sweet spot for cars/mechanical things :)

anthonymcgrath
11-23-2007, 08:52 AM
yeah I'm quite fond of mechanical things in cg lol! Really wish I was better at it!!

You can prob imagine my face when I saw the first transformer turn into a robot in the recent movie adaptation... I had to pick my jaw up off the row of seats in front of me :/

CGTalk Moderation
11-23-2007, 08:52 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.