PDA

View Full Version : low poly gun In progress

Loveless
04-12-2002, 03:41 PM
Well, to let you know, I'm 13, this is but my 4th 3d image, and first week with 3d rendering. I dont have a job or anything, and dont have good software. However, this model (a work in progess) of an AK-47 (Modeled in wings3d, rendered in bryce) is around 500 polygons, well, at least Bryce says that when I render, although I add them up in my modeling program to be about 200 polygons (perhaps bryce was counting background or something) Pretty high polygon count it shath be when its finished, but not too horribly high for some FPS's or something. Please critique! www.livingrichandfit.com/ak47.html
(a wip)

endseason
04-12-2002, 04:14 PM
"......., and dont have good software."

heyyyyyyyyyy how can u say u are not using good soft !!!!!!!!!
wings is for sure an high quality poly modelling soft!!!!!!!!!!!(and for sure is amazing for a free soft=)

btw i think u have to try to manage better the edge in ur weapons seems u ahve a lot of them turned in the wrong way:)

hope to see more soon.
paolo

Loveless
04-13-2002, 01:18 AM
Well, I mean, I have Bryce 5 trial edition, hehe, I dont have like, big money products like a ton of people. How can I fix these edges? (I'm guessing you mean like, at the end of the gun with the triangle type shouler thing.....) I'm fairly new to modeling, so...

Loveless
04-13-2002, 09:49 AM
finished body: UNSMOOTHED

DrAdamDinosaur
04-13-2002, 02:17 PM
Hey, no knocking wings. If you think the poly count inbryce is a bit off, in wings press "b" and select your object, it should now tell you the amount of poly's in the ,lower left corner. Gun looks nice.

Loveless
04-14-2002, 12:27 AM
Hmm...the 'b' thing wouldnt work for me. I just selected an object and wrote down the poly's for each object. I got around 450, which is strange, cause in Bryce its like, 800-1000. Dont get me wrong, I love wings. But I dont have as much as experience (a week) as other people and I dont have programs live Maya, 3dsmax, etc, etc. I made an animation, i'll post it on my site later if I can. I added a hollow in the main body for the the bullets to come out. I need to fix the triangles in the main body (causing a shadow) but I dont know what the heck they are!UNSMOOTHED:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.