PDA

View Full Version : a VFS modeling reel by Aishath Nasir

ANasir
11-20-2007, 02:57 PM
Hello all,

My name is Aishath Nasir and I am a recent graduate from the VFS modeling program, and this is my first shot at a demo reel.

download (http://falsehorizons.com/images/art/3d65aishath_vfs_h264_640x480.mp4)

http://www.falsehorizons.com/images/art/reelad.jpg

I chose to go into modeling earlier this year and began work on the reel itself about 6 months ago... it's been one of the most demanding and rewarding experiences I've had in a long time (thank you 3D65 and 64, you guys were amazing!). Comments are very welcome, and of course I am currently in the market for employment :) For larger stills, wireframes, concept info and my resume please visit my website www.falsehorizons.com (http://www.falsehorizons.com).

Thanks for reading!
-Aishath

chachi007
11-20-2007, 03:17 PM
Very well done as far as atmosphere and modeling, but there was no character animation. All fly-bys. The Medusa character would have been great to seen animated. Give 'em some life and you have a great, but a little short, demo. Keep up the good work!

enochian
11-20-2007, 04:10 PM
Congrats on finishing your reel, everthing looks outstanding and beutiful. good luck on the job hunt. And I'll see you soon

Ryan

keomega
11-20-2007, 04:17 PM
hey Rahne,

what an awsome reel senora....its been alot of fun seeing everything come together over the last half year....especialy in term 6....the corner sure did rock lol, anny company would be lucky to get u....oh and i still love the audio track

greets Sander

Helgi
11-20-2007, 06:46 PM
Hey Aishath,

Great reel, you did a really good job on everything, especially the lighting, but it would've been cool to see the warrior jump on Medusa and they'd have a big fight :P ...but seriously, good job, good luck on the job hunt and thank you for a great year ,it has been so much fun.

Take care,
-H

KrisSeli
11-20-2007, 08:04 PM
Nice Job, Aishath! I really like how both characters' skin turned out --I want to touch! The helmet texture looks great as well. And, as you know, I just love the warrior's abdominal region! ;) Good luck to you, and keep in touch!

Loukor
11-20-2007, 11:29 PM
Hey hey hey, I said this before and I'll say it again. You worked hard in every aspect and it shows clearly, I love the lighting and the feeling of romance between the warrior and medusa. Overall, it was a pleasure meeting you and goodluck to your future.

ANasir
11-21-2007, 11:43 AM
chachi007: Thanks for the kind words! Yes, I would love to have animated medusa ... it's still a possibility someday, but due to time constraints I chose to focus on getting the modeling and texturing down as best as I could, since that's what I hoped to showcase :) I appreciate the feedback! Hopefully I can update the reel at some point in the near future.

enochian: Thanks Ryan, best of luck to you too! I'm really looking forward to seeing the scholarship version of your reel.

keomega: hey firelord! Thanks much, it was a real pleasure working with you and watching your reel come together so quickly as well. It was a fantastic last term in our corner :)

DogSter: Thanks Helgi, any compliment on lighting coming from you is huge indeed! It took so long to get that setup looking just right, I'm glad it worked out. Best of luck in the job search, not like you will need it :)

KrisSeli: Hey girl, thanks alot! Term 6 wouldn't have been the same without you :) Hope you're doing well and hope to see your piece soon.

kdkaos: Thanks Louis, I'm glad that slight romantic tone got through :) I'd had it in the back of my mind and thankfully it translated! It was a pleasure meeting you and I really admire your work ethic and drive. Thank you for a great year, and for all the productive feedback over the last few months. Keep in touch

diginime
11-21-2007, 12:21 PM
Hey Aishath,

It's nice to meet you in vfs and it has been a great year working with you. :) It's really a very good job on the texturing,i like it really much.good luck in your job hunting!

samsonwong
11-22-2007, 04:22 AM
Aishath~
It looks super awesome!
I love both of your models, and Medusa's head is nice
I personally love the upper camera angle shot of the warrior the most~

Great job!

Good luck on your job hunt!

Sam

rmanot
11-22-2007, 08:45 AM
Hi Aishath,

Finally, you made it. Congratulation! I'd love to see all the snakes on her head are moving around. That'd be cool;)

Anyway, Good luck with your job hunting.

OdinChuvak
11-22-2007, 09:35 AM
Epic,

Congrats on finishing up. Medusa turned out great.

Best of luck on the job hunt.

Cheers,

Andrew

ANasir
11-22-2007, 05:54 PM
diginime: Hao, thanks so much! You earned every bit of that special thanks on my reel, couldnt' have learned half what I did without you.

samsonwong: Thanks Sam, its my favourite angle too! I hope to see your reel here soon, its so polished and professional :) Thank you for everything in term 6! You were a joy to work with.

rmanot: Aasa! Yes, finally posted lol. I think I will have to animate medusa, it seems to be the popular opinion :) I hope you're doing well in Japan! Keep in touch, your work was very inspiring.

OdinChuvak: Hello to one of my favourite Europeans! Yes, medusa came together quickly at the end... I spent a long, long time on the soldier and he was really my learning vehicle, I didn't expect to put out the female model that quickly. She certainly represented a few texturing challenges :) I will have to speak to someone about procuring a copy of your now legendary animation work, hehe

chindian
11-22-2007, 05:58 PM
Hey Aishath!

Sweet work - nice to see the final comp all put together... Lookin good.

All the best in the job hunt! How was england?

See ya round,
-T

alanSmithee
11-27-2007, 02:56 AM
aishath,

very nice reel. really love the mass you were able to convey with your modeling.

-j

p.s. it was fun hanging out and eating sushi this past year, hopefully we can do it again in the future.

alejandrocordero
11-27-2007, 06:38 AM
I like your work (WOW). I hope you get a job soon in a place that you want. Good luck and keep working.

Alex

Jermination
11-27-2007, 06:15 PM
Simply lovely Aishath : )

hah always liked your characters, and you've got one sexy Medusa.
good luck with your job hunt! keep in touch ( in other means then just video games... ) hah

ANasir
11-29-2007, 03:53 PM
chindian: Thanks Thad, I appreciate it :) I was rather worried about the comping, I would have liked to spend more time refining it to be honest, but our Doomsday Clock ran out.

alanSmithee: Hey Jason! Well, the compliment is much appreciated, especially coming from you. I spent alot of time trying to achieve believable, unexaggerated organic forms with an actual feeling of skin over them. And yes, sushi and sake/beer must be repeated at some point. Its too bad you won't be here with us for graduation tomorrow, you will be missed by many!

alejandrocordero: Many thanks my friend! I look forward to seeing your final piece tomorrow :)

Jermination: Jerm... what can I say. Thank you :) I will poke you often, never fear.

DonWono
12-03-2007, 11:36 PM
Hey Aishath,
Good job on your reel. Looks really nice. I never noticed the jewellery on Medusa while you were working on her, but it really adds to her personality. It looks really good. Congrats.

Nomowu
12-07-2007, 12:39 AM
Hey Aishath,
Nice demo reel, short and straight-forward.
and love ur line flow on the characters, nice, smooth and settle on the muscles.
Good luck on the job searching

Jimmy

ATARAXIAN
12-16-2007, 06:25 AM
Great Work, Aishath!! Love the concept, the colour palette and the music selection. Was a real pleasure working with you and Good luck with everything:)

Ari

CGTalk Moderation
12-16-2007, 06:25 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.