PDA

View Full Version : Rating WIP?

BryanSilva
04-16-2003, 03:09 AM
I've been wondering if the wip section receives ratings? And also what are the ratings based on? Is it the number of replies, quality of work or what? Also, I'd like to suggest a new section of the forum to be started where the users can rate the posts themselves. The users should only be able to vote once, and who ever starts the thread should not be able to rate his own work. what do you all think?

leigh
04-16-2003, 04:14 AM
The ratings in the WIP section are disabled, because we decided that rating something that is not complete is pointless.

As for actual voting, the rates are based on votes by users. When you reply to a thread, there is a Rate this Thread drop-down list where you can select a rating for the thread. When browsing a thread, you can also vote for it at the bottom of the page.
You can only vote once per thread. The owner of the thread can also vote for their thread, but I don't think that happens very often.

BryanSilva
04-16-2003, 04:26 AM
:applause: thanx Leigh! :applause:

addicted2art
04-17-2003, 08:39 PM
I would like to add that the remarks for the stars system are rather "meaningless". Why would someone want to vote and award you with stars when your work is sub-par or below average?
When you get 3 stars, your work is classified as "Average"? 1 star = "Worst"?

It would be more encouraging if :

1star = Not Bad !
2 stars = I like it !
3 stars = GOOD !
4 stars = GREAT !
5 Stars = OUTSTANDING !

A separate down list for negative votes and negative remarks if desired.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.