PDA

View Full Version : Files not opening at all...

MisterLee
11-20-2007, 08:41 AM
Hi all,

I'm working on a project on an iMac and a MacBook Pro, both running Leopard. I copied the projects I'm working on from my iMac to my MacBook Pro. Now at home, these files just don't open at all, with no pop-up message or anything else. Merging isn't working either. It's like Cinema just totally ignores the files, as if I'm not trying to open anything.

What could be the problem?

Srek
11-20-2007, 08:56 AM
Have you checked that the files are saved correctly? Take a look at the filesize for example.
Cheers
Björn

MisterLee
11-20-2007, 11:32 AM
Ah ****, the referenced files are working either, even though they're all OK file sizes. Pretty weird, and annoying. Apologies for posting this!

MisterLee
11-20-2007, 11:39 AM
Ah ****, the referenced files aren't working either, even though they're all OK file sizes. Pretty weird, and annoying. Apologies for posting this!

It's pretty weird that I need to enter my password for throwing away this folder, but I think I'll post that problem on a Mac speciic forum. Weird stuff.

rgwarren
11-20-2007, 03:02 PM
Did you check the permissions and ownership on those files? Leopard has done a few strange things with my files on occasion. I've had programs not 'see' files when I try to open them as well. Usually it was an ownership issue.

Just a thought.

MisterLee
11-20-2007, 03:44 PM
Yes,

It are indeed problems with permissions and I've found some really long expert threads on this subject without a solid conclusion unfortunately. We'll have to wait untill it's patched, I guess...

Thanx anyways!

rgwarren
11-22-2007, 01:54 AM
That's why I moved back to Tiger 10.4 until Adobe gets their stuff working and Apple fixes all the little things that I didn't have time for.

Maybe in January things will be better for Leopard. I have one machine for programming Cocoa apps running Lepoard but all my production machines are back on Tiger.

CGTalk Moderation
11-22-2007, 01:54 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.