PDA

View Full Version : Short Film Scene

andrewmartin
11-19-2007, 10:09 PM
Hey everyone!

It's been a long time since I've posted anything on here, so I thought it was about time to get some feedback from the animation community on some of my recent work.

The following playblast is from a scene in my current short film project. The animation on the kid is incomplete; there are still shots from the playblast, his facial animation has not been done, and twig and leaf "props" have not been added, which will explain the odd arm movements and head shaking...

http://www.andrew-martin.com/gus/cgtalk/scene_02_shot_016_034_20070914_small.mov

Apart from that, the sequence has all but been signed off. The dialogue is a made up language, and any other audio is incidental.

Unfortunately, this scene has been cut from the film! Be that as is may, I'm still keen to get your feedback! At least now you know you can be brutally honest ;)

Andrew

andrewmartin
11-21-2007, 09:37 PM
Nothing??

I probably should have mentioned the film is about cave people. This scene involves the father of a family going on a hunt, but he's not the sharpest tool in the shed...

anthonymcgrath
11-22-2007, 08:44 AM
hey Andrew
sorry about that I downloaded it yday but work got in the way and didn't get time to take a look!
I cant believe no-one has checked this out?!! Its ace!!! The character design is awesome esp. that warthog with the titchy eyes lol! The characters really feel like their thinking.

Overall I would say try speeding some shots up, they can feel a bit slow in places. The slowly peeking over the rock for example... maybe try a quick peeking above rock motion instead but that said its still really nice. I love the bit where he first motions to his child to take cover whilst still being wary that he could blow his cover with his prey.

the tripping animation is really really nice too.

man I'm jealous I really wish I could think up styling like this! Cant wait to see more updates on it - keep it goin Andrew! :bounce:

andrewmartin
11-22-2007, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad you liked it.

I do agree with you about the pace in places. I'm not sure how it got so slow to be honest, the animatic was a lot faster!

I will be continuing the animation in the new year, and with a bit of luck, finish the film mid 2008. Updates, etc. will be on a website dedicated to the film. When that's up and running, I';; put a link in this thread.

I'm gald you like the character design too! My CG Portfolio has some images of what they will look like when rendered.

anthonymcgrath
11-23-2007, 09:56 AM
hey Andrew

looking forward to more updates - the actions between the father and son are really nice touching you can see the father thinking about the food-for-the-day vs child-wanting-to-be-like-dad in his expression - that sold it to me so the pacing is more than forgivable because of the emotion that can be seen :)

great work, hope you get it finished - checked some of the images of the family on your portfolio - great renders... got quite a claymation feel to them :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
11-23-2007, 09:56 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.