PDA

View Full Version : HUGE Maya Rendering PROBLEM

E-rock
04-15-2003, 10:26 PM
i've been modeling this city all textured and everything, then i do a test render and it wont render. ive been rendering numerous times up till this point. ive also tried turning off all the buildings in with layers and then just making a simple poly sphere and rendering and still nothing. if i open up a new file and make the same thing, a poly sphere it works. but nothing will render on my actual file. ive also tried saving piece by piece of my city and then importing them into a new file and still wont render. what happens is as soon as i click render, maya just freezes up and stops working. ive tried everything i could possibly think of and still cant get anything at ALL to render.

HELP PLEASE!!

thanks

-eric

stunndman
04-15-2003, 10:43 PM
hmmm, tricky

some things you could try if you haven't already

- scene clean up

- delete unused nodes in hypershade

- delete history

butCherHeLL
04-15-2003, 10:55 PM
read carefully the message below this. (UP MSG :)

try to look maya task percent on taskbar
(if NT based OS (2k,XPpress Ctrl+Shift+ESC)
if it show 0% this mean it is really freezed up
if not. u gotto wait along :}.

if u wantto see if renderin in progress to be happy
use. mentalray renderer.

what about your computer capabilities ?

maya eats RAM. if u got 512 ram or more. u can see the performance. if not. u gotto more tricking something that ll make u bored ;)

E-rock
04-15-2003, 11:05 PM
yeah my computer easily meets the requirements for maya. i have over a gig of ram and a 1.53 AMD and 128mb vid card. so as far as my computer there shouldnt be a problem. ive also tried all the clean up and delete unused nodes and all that stuff. and if you read my message its not a matter of having to wait a while, ive tried just rendering a simple poly sphere with nothing else showing and it still freezes up. so its not that i'm not waiting long enough. thanks for the help though

thanks

-eric

lowkey
04-16-2003, 06:28 AM
recently i had a similiar problem.

might sound dull, but the thing was that i accidentally set my /images directory to a firewalled path, so the output could not be written. :wip:

opening up a new scene and rendering objects from there worked pretty well, because it was set to use default directories.

alexx
04-16-2003, 09:16 AM
so your maya does not render at all?

has that ever been different?

maybe you should really considder uninstalling and reinstalling maya completely.. that does not really sound like a messed up preferences thing.

but anyway:
- you are sure you have write persmissions where the images should go to?
- maybe you can send someone a "sphere" render scene, that does not do for you. just to check it really is not a prefs thing. if it renders somewhere else the bug must sit on your machine.

sorry.. no more ideas

cheers

alexx

E-rock
04-16-2003, 08:14 PM
thanks for all the suggestions i some how fixed it. i thnk what i did is i changed all the light linking cuz i prolly have close to 100 lights in my scene and they some how got unlinked from where they were suppose to be linked to. but now my scene renders fine now. THANK GOD!! hahaha but thanks for all the help

thanks

-eric

boomji
04-16-2003, 08:28 PM
i've had that recently,
but it did show the message in red saying out of memory or something.Some time working on large files used to create a IPR dump of about 700mb :eek: so i'd have to go clear that out every once in a while.
i'm pinning my hopes on mental ray.

b

gmask
04-16-2003, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by E-rock
thanks for all the suggestions i some how fixed it. i thnk what i did is i changed all the light linking cuz i prolly have close to 100 lights in my scene and they some how got unlinked from where they were suppose to be linked to. but now my scene renders fine now. THANK GOD!! hahaha but thanks for all the help

thanks

-eric

In the future try using the render.exe commandline options of -tw 64 -th 64 or higher (up to 512) that should help.

Actually just for fun if you still have a version of the scene that would not render try it with these flags and tell me if it works then.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.