PDA

View Full Version : Shake: Changing the speed of an animation

Doogie
04-15-2003, 08:41 PM
I want to slow down the speed of the frames near the end of the animation. I tried keying the increment, but it seems to key then delete the keyframes. Anyone know how to get this to work in Shake?

I would do it separate in another package or in post, but I want it to match the other stuff going on and it's in the middle of a crazy network
:hmm:

Thanks in advance.

arvid
04-17-2003, 11:10 AM
Did you try TimeX in the "other" tab? Just put a key on the newTime parameter and open the curveeditor, you can change that curve to animate the speed of the clip.

Doogie
04-18-2003, 02:00 AM
no, i didnt try that thanks! it works.

FClub_TDurden
04-18-2003, 11:52 PM
Yeah SHAKE rocks the mike!!!

Cant wait till they integrate all the new apps they bout at Apple...like Shake and Rayz

arvid
04-21-2003, 01:21 AM
Aint gonna happen, RAYZ was bought purely to wipe the competition as RAYZ is pretty similar, it's dead, rest in peace old chap :hmm:

beaker
04-21-2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by opacity
Aint gonna happen, RAYZ was bought purely to wipe the competition as RAYZ is pretty similar, it's dead, rest in peace old chap :hmm:
Most of the rayz guys are working on shake. Im sure we will see many of the Rayz technologies integrated into shake. Shake 3 allready has a little bit of rayz in it from the features they listed. Silicon Grail owned/licensed alot of really cool technology from Kodak/Cinesite that was in Cineon.

FClub_TDurden
04-22-2003, 10:26 PM
Speaking of Kodak/Cineon/Rayz....

I remember a few yrs back at a Rayz demo...they had built in LUT's for all there film stocks...pretty bad ass to just pick from the hunderds of film stocks that you are using on your plates....

beaker
04-23-2003, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by FClub_TDurden
Speaking of Kodak/Cineon/Rayz....

I remember a few yrs back at a Rayz demo...they had built in LUT's for all there film stocks...pretty bad ass to just pick from the hunderds of film stocks that you are using on your plates....
Yea, thats one of the new features in Shake 3. They allow you to do that with LUT and Grains from different film stocks.

pierrejasmin
05-21-2003, 09:47 PM
Unfortunately in Shake (unlike DF say) all time manipulations are either a global offset sort of thing or things you do on FileIn. There exists time manipulation plugins such as Twxtor 3.0 for Shake but it wont help you with the part of the problem which is related to wanting to manipulate just a branch. Personally I think if Shake had a sort of fileInOut Cache node (pre-render really) which gets dirty if someone touches the tree above it, it would be a great productivity enhancement for such problems.

Pierre
http://www.revisionfx.com/rstwixtor.htm

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.