PDA

View Full Version : Sleep of reason produces nightmares, Tomasz Jedruszek (2D)

Morano
11-16-2007, 05:34 PM
http://features.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/219459/219459_1220391620_medium.jpg (http://features.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/219459/219459_1220391620_large.jpg)

Title: Sleep of reason produces nightmares
Name: Tomasz Jedruszek
Software: Photoshop

Now, the "strange behavior" chellenge is closed. Before the Jury would get into their voteing, I 'd like to know your oppinion about this illustration . Here's orginal story behind this image again:

"trange Behavior -hmm , can be everything ...and nothing, and I just love subjects like that - Once you read this title the gate to your imagination is wide open. And when you open that door really strange things might happen. So this was my idea for this challenge, pretty bad I didn't have time to take a part in this challenge because of some usuall things bothering me every day. Finally i found some time and just few days before deadline. A little extension of it was a plus ,as you can see im uploading final 2 days after previous deadline :/ . The main idea was described in WIP , but once more in short: I was trying to create my own version of Goya's "Sleep of reason produces monsters" , repleacing monsters with my own "nightmares" ,coz what else can be more "strange" than human mind itself and what can behave more strange that human imagination? - but don't worry is not that serious as it looks , as a matter of fact I was trying to be as much ironic as possible and make some fun of me and my life, because after all those "nightmares" which I illustrated here are meaning of my life and I love them. I don't think I should explain who they are each one of them , or should I? The Husar in the right corner , obviously my addict to military ,history paintings, He's standing there and checking if I felt asleep already or just thinking about new illustration, with sabre ready to cut my head of if my illustration will be too much "fatasy" insted "history accurate " , this guy is pain in my ...fingers. Next we have my long legged friend called "high heels fetish" - shes keep asking me about new pinup illustration all the time as I have nothing else to do :) And finally strange person sitting on a side of the bed , we can't see her face but i guess you did recognize her at first sight. Poor Bess Khala ,she's not even bothering me anymore to paint , I guess she lost all her faith that her story will be ever painted ... And so did I :("

Artist-Lounge
11-17-2007, 10:27 AM
Nice work,
The study of the cloth is awesome .. everything is great .. 5*

Artist-Lounge
11-17-2007, 10:33 AM
Also textures are beautifull ..

Ufiak
11-17-2007, 02:17 PM
Great painting ;)
I like the story, especially about Husar and guarding "history accurate " :P

CGadrian
11-17-2007, 04:38 PM
gr8 job !

5 stars !

Hiun
11-17-2007, 09:22 PM
Hey Tomasz, just dropping in to give you that definate 5 star rating and to congratulate you again! :thumbsup: Beautiful work bro!

prasa
11-17-2007, 09:55 PM
Wow man ... this is excellent piece .. 5* :thumbsup:

Samuraikuroi
11-17-2007, 11:53 PM
Dzien dobry, Tomasz. Great Textures Colours and light. Nice!

Daffydd
11-18-2007, 02:01 AM
Very, very nice! I really enjoyed the story and the image. You've done a fantastic job with the details and expressions. Congratulations!

Daf

SeifoSid
11-18-2007, 03:25 AM
although the image is very well done, it doesn't strike me as portraying strang behaviour. The nightmarish infusion with you and the tablet/computer is very nice though.

maykrender
11-18-2007, 07:20 AM
Looks like oil painting, fantastic :)

pozdrowki.

SirNeo
11-18-2007, 08:07 AM
Very good work and painting:thumbsup:

waheednasir
11-18-2007, 10:19 AM
great mood, beautiful piece...:).

niva
11-18-2007, 06:59 PM
It's a good piece artistically, well done. Once I started reading I was at first a bit thrown off that it was for the strange behavior challenge as there seemed little strange to me, but by the time I got to the end it really worked on me man. Thanks for sharing, hope all is well with you!

zouzhili
11-21-2007, 12:46 PM
Good work!the color is cool,the light is nice!

naetronic
11-21-2007, 11:36 PM
amazing work morano! love the concept. keep doing what your doin man

Morano
11-23-2007, 08:02 AM
keep doing what your doin man

Really think so? Well i don't know.. i cannot play "Call of Duty" all day long ,can I ?

;)

CGTalk Moderation
11-23-2007, 08:02 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.