PDA

View Full Version : WIP Reel Critique

n8vfx
11-16-2007, 06:13 PM
Please take a look at my reel and tell me what you think. I have been a flame artist for about 10 years. Most of that time was spent with smaller post houses in the middle states (Texas and Louisiana) I am going to be moving out to LA in the spring and would like to know if my reel is good enough. I will be trying to get compositing jobs (ie. flame, shake and fusion) and move into VFX stuff (like fluids/particles in Maya). I did all the 3D on the first and last shots. Thanks for taking the time to watch it and any thoughts would be great.

-nathan

http://www.n8vfx.com/movies/Reel2008WIP.mov

(its about 40mb so it might take a minute or two)

Wilson-3d
11-16-2007, 08:41 PM
Hey great reel! I am not a compositor but as a fellow artist, it sure looks good to me. You have a lot of strong pieces and it flows well. I think you have enough professional work, you will do great after your move. Also while there is a lot of stuff on it, in my opinion, it is not too long. I stayed captivated throughout.

Best of luck on the hunt!

-Chris

CGTalk Moderation
11-16-2007, 08:41 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.