PDA

View Full Version : geforce 4 vs. DCC for 3D

dman77
04-12-2002, 05:05 AM
I am looking to upgrade my computer for 3d graphics and am looking at both the geforce 4 and the Gloria DCC. I am wondering how much of a difference the DCC will make over the Geforce 4.

The Gloria DCC costs more than twice as much and only has 64 MB of RAM while the Geforce 4 has 128MB and has a faster clock speed. I am not sure how much the 3D program would utilize that extra RAM or if it even would. I realize the DCC has extra features but are they worth it? I am looking to use it with Maya and Max. Any opinions?

I would rather save the money and go with the Geforce 4 but I am not sure how well it will work. Thanks

Massemannen
04-14-2002, 03:43 AM
yeah I was in the same situation as u are... but I bought a GF3 Ti200 and used RivaTuner to convert it to a DCC... AMAZING performance gain! and I saved q LOT of money!! :thumbsup:

Erdener
04-14-2002, 05:12 AM
HI,

This benchmark results are for you...

http://www.amazoninternational.com/html/benchmarks/viewpref_612/multiple/gloria_dcc_v_xtasy_4600.asp

I hope this helps..

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.