PDA

View Full Version : Making objects visiable through 1 camera only??

MinaRagaie
11-15-2007, 10:43 AM
Is there a way in maya to make some objects visiable through 1 camera only??
or to make a camera display some specific objects only??

I have some curves controling the Facial animation of a character and I was wondering if there's a way to force a camera (placed infront of them) to display only those curves and not any other object in the scene.

thanks in advance
-Mina

scroll-lock
11-15-2007, 01:08 PM
If it`s different Panel View, why don`t use the "Show" menu to select only the Nurbs Curves?

MinaRagaie
11-15-2007, 02:17 PM
By the time the file gets to the animator, there will be lots of curves in the scene (all the animatable objects are curves), some of them are bound to fall in the field of view of that cam.
Layers can solve that, but I'm looking for a more automayed solution.

so...
Is it sth that I can make somehow in maya, or not??
any thoughts??

-Mina

SeanL
11-15-2007, 06:30 PM
Some thoughts...

Maybe a dedicated camera for these curves. The camera and facial animation curves might be placed far off away from other parts of the scene to keep them separate. If other things still appear in this window you could enclose these curves and the dedicated camera inside a small sphere and turn off visibility of everything except curves for that window (locking down this camera would be good).

Another thought -- you might control clipping planes of the dedicated camera to display only the narrow plane of the facial animation curves.

Another approach of course is to create a window in mel with graphics for control of facial animation.

S

modi
11-15-2007, 06:46 PM
A simple solution is to select the curves you want to be seen , do an isolate select for the intended camera.
You could create a quick select set for those curves and trigger a script to do this evertime the scene is opened so you don't manually have to do this when you opne the scene.
cheers
Modi

SeanL
11-15-2007, 06:51 PM
Isolate select!

Modi, thanks for that.

S

CGTalk Moderation
11-15-2007, 06:51 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.