PDA

View Full Version : Ninja Jumping Kick test

zres
11-15-2007, 10:09 AM
hello..
I make this scene for My Short Movie project called "Hanzo"
just wanna test some jumping kick move..
software used Maya and Zbrush
cnc are almost welcome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM2gbWBia4g

KyleG
11-15-2007, 02:44 PM
the timing is pretty slow, and it feels a little floaty, I would speed it up 25-30%

mistasam02
11-15-2007, 05:49 PM
Hmm.. he stepped on the air. :shrug: If that's what you're going for, maybe it works.. but the timing definitely needs to be smoother. Also the hit should be harder too.

zres
11-15-2007, 06:15 PM
thank's for the critics guys.. I really apreciate that. :)

actually he doesn't stepped on the air.. if you notice there's a wodden stick in his left. he just make a little step on that stick first before takeoff ;)

Geese Howard
11-17-2007, 07:44 AM
um... the flying part has to speed up...and yes, you need to show more impact at the point of contact. If the ninja is gonna be hopping back so far after the block, then there should be a little more bend in his body also, kinda like a bouncing ball , right?

arrow000
11-18-2007, 09:46 PM
If you're going to exaggerate a jump, give us a big anticipation! Your guy looks like he's being lifted from the waist. Give us a big anticipation, quickly go down, hold for a few frame and fly up! Get some tork in the body, post out the arms.

if he's going to kick with his left leg, then twist to the left in the anticipation. He needs to push himself towards the right in order to turn in the air. there is nothing to push off from in mid air.

When he lands on the character, give the impression of weight. even if the other dude is strong enough to block his jump, make it look like he absorbs the kick and pushes him up.

animate the forces involved. Make it look like the forces are coming from the character, not from an unseen force.

CGTalk Moderation
11-18-2007, 09:46 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.