PDA

View Full Version : dynamic tail extra control?

johnchuang
11-15-2007, 03:11 AM
hi guys, I'm trying to rig a dynamic tail.I use splineIk ,converting the curv to soft body , tweaking the PPgoal weights and goal smoothness. It works fine ,but I finally want add some extra controls to the rig so I could have some sort of ability to control the rig beyond the dynamics. Is that possible? I tried using clusters which is created from cvs of the splinecurv, but then failed in accessing the dynamics.
Any suggestions? Thank you!

btw: or even better , if there is any methods to achieve dynamics(or expression driven) motion and also have ability to turn that off using completely manual controls?

MinaRagaie
11-15-2007, 10:06 AM
Check Highend3d.com
I'm sure they have a tail animation script that uses no dynamics and have some animation controls...
but I don't remeber the script name you'll have to search. it's an old one.

-Mina

johnchuang
11-15-2007, 04:18 PM
not find yet. just get a fish driven by expressions, works nice though.

Remi
11-15-2007, 04:21 PM
When you made the spline curve dynamic did you make a copy and make the copy dynamic which follows the original curve? If so, just rig up the original tail curve the way you normally would with IKSpline, then in the connection editor you'll just have to switch the curveIn connections before rendering. I wish I could give a detailed answer, not enough time right now. Sorry.

johnchuang
11-16-2007, 02:51 AM
hi ,Ryan .Thank you very much! I get it. it works fine , and I can reconnect the origin curv world space to ikHandle incurve so to disable the dynamics. Nice:thumbsup:

yenvalmar
11-23-2007, 08:00 AM
you can key on or off the dynamics, its built right into the system. its a floating point not an integer so you can smoothly blend it on or off over time. so cool!

spurv
01-10-2008, 10:55 AM
you can key on or off the dynamics, its built right into the system. its a floating point not an integer so you can smoothly blend it on or off over time. so cool!

how can you do that?

CGTalk Moderation
01-10-2008, 10:55 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.