PDA

View Full Version : Charles Marcus Pert..a VFS animation

Jermination
11-14-2007, 06:09 PM
Hello everyone, my name is Jeremy Murphy.

I am a recent VFS graduate, who throughout the 12 month program, spent 6, to create my very first short film, " Charles Marcus Pert "

Its an animation of a poem I wrote, about a man and his dog that find out in a rather terrifying way, how things may not always be as they seem.

It was alot of... "fun"... to make haha, and an great learning experience.

By the way, had a bit of trubble with the quality after compression, so it may be a bit dark (depending on the computer) ...but if its really that big of an issue, ill be glad to send you the DVD :)

Either way,
Hope you like it ! comments and criticism greatly appreciated

( poster )

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i116/jerm12345/600X1000pxCMPposter.jpg

( cgtalk link )

http://jermination.cgsociety.org/gallery/

( stage6 link )

http://stage6.divx.com/user/jermmm/video/1852054/Charles-Marcus-Pert

NickWhitmire
11-14-2007, 06:53 PM
pretty cool......love the narrator and music. very burtonish. woulda loved to have seen it all the way through like you did your intro credits. but good stuff :)

KrisSeli
11-14-2007, 06:53 PM
I love your short, Jerm! You have so much creativity and humor, and it was a pleasure watching you grow as an animator.
The dog will always be my favorite. :) Good luck to you!

mistasam02
11-14-2007, 07:32 PM
HAHA great little short. :applause: Really crazy style.. but it's really strange. I'm not sure how to describe it. It's like the animation and modeling were really basic, but the production itself was very well done. It could be better in a lot of aspects, but it works very well in this state. Good job sir!

Loukor
11-14-2007, 10:37 PM
Jeeeerrrrrrmmm, congrats on finishing your piece and I just love the feeling I get from watching it. Like Mayazeus said, it has a good "Burton Mood" to it. Goodluck and I'll be sure to visit Newfoundland in the future.

ANasir
11-15-2007, 01:09 AM
Jerm! It's good to see this reel posted at last. Grats on a very nice piece, I love the shots you chose :)

-Aisha

enochian
11-15-2007, 04:29 AM
Great work man, I love it never loses that great creative spirt you have. Can't wait to more of your work.

Ryan

samsonwong
11-15-2007, 07:25 AM
Jerm~
you have such a stylize animation piece.
very artistics character!

Love your piece

good luck on your job search!!

Sam

diginime
11-15-2007, 12:46 PM
hey jerm,

Congratz on your reel, and good luck in your job hunting! :)

Brighton
11-15-2007, 04:06 PM
Nicely done thar jerm.

Looks awesome.
Now I demand you acquire a job!

Jermination
11-15-2007, 04:52 PM
Mayazeus: thanks man, agreed my piece wouldn't be near this without the narration and music.
Krisseli: :D i know the dog was your fav.. hah think you told me almost every day haha,
thanks for all the help !
Mistasam02: yea, its kinda funny how reels just come together like that.. haha glad you liked it ! Thanks
LOUIS: hey buddy, yep.. finally up.. hah glad you like the feel of the piece, i was more aiming for that, over other aspects. thanks man, cant wait to see your stuff soon !
Aisha: thank you, glad you like the shots !
RyanW: thanks dudddeeee. hah, i hope it dident lose any creativity, my blood was poored into this piece haha. cant wait to see what you have been brewing these past 2 months !
Sam: im glad you like the style / characters. i wanted to keep the characters simple.. but yet not look cheep :P hope i reached that haha. thanks man !
HaoLiang: thanks hao, wouldn't of ever finished it without your help hah. good luck with your hunt too !
Brighton: hah thanks man, im looking, starting today ! hah

Helgi
11-15-2007, 09:55 PM
Hey Jerm, wonderful reel and great to see it finished. Good job man, you've been a great inspiration to us all throughout this year and it has been great to work with you.

Good luck on the job hunt and stay in touch buddy.

DrTrent
11-15-2007, 11:52 PM
Good work Jerm! Even though I've seen it a bazillion times, i still love it. I still say it looks too dark though. Stickin' to my guns on that one. I love the dog, I'd like to see him in any future short films and/or reels you put out. Keep up the good work, I'll see ya around.

Jermination
11-16-2007, 01:09 AM
Helgi: Thanks buddy !haha, you knew that Inspiration is my middle name right ? it was alot of fun working / parting with you aswell man. ! and of corse stay intouch !

MIKE: yeayea.. i know its too dark. and the compression doesent help it any.. but ill know now for future refrence ! but yea, definitely using the dog again.. once i re-model and rig the bastard ! hah. thanks tho !

ATARAXIAN
11-16-2007, 08:00 AM
Great Work, Jerm!! Love your style and originality:) Has shades of Burton, which I love and its nice to see the finished piece. Good Luck mate:)

Cheers

Ari

ATARAXIAN
11-16-2007, 08:01 AM
Great Work, Jerm!! Love your style and originality:) Has shades of Burton, which I love and its nice to see the finished piece. Good Luck mate:)

Cheers

Ari

keomega
11-17-2007, 05:44 AM
cant say annything more than ive already done over the past half year....nice goin man

minkey
11-19-2007, 11:58 PM
HAHAH this is story telling at its best...there is really nothing too complex about this short but thats really the beauty of it. the narriator and music is verry well thought out and placed and the chars. are built for this short and not the short built for these cahrs. Hats off to you.

cheers.

Jermination
11-20-2007, 12:43 AM
Ari: thanks alot man! its been a pleasure being your class mate, hope to see you soon !
Sander: :)
Minkey: Im always intrested to hear what people have to say about the simplistic aspect to my characters. Glad you liked it !

burgulkut
11-26-2007, 11:08 PM
I really liked the music and the voice of the narrator.
Smart story and a pretty good animation.
I also liked the visual style, especially the trees and the face of the man.

Nice work !

------------------------------------------------------------------------

come visit my gallery at http://burgulkut.cgsociety.org

and my (french) website at www.ilangauthier.com (http://www.ilangauthier.com)

alanSmithee
11-27-2007, 02:58 AM
jerm!

top notch all around, son. almost makes me want to be an animator. not really, but it's the best compliment i could think of. take care, and stay in touch.

<poke>

-j

alejandrocordero
11-27-2007, 06:33 AM
My friend Jerm,

I like it a lot, I think you are a really talented artist, keep working and your are going to do excellent things in the future.

Take care.

Alex

DonWono
12-04-2007, 07:11 AM
Good job on your reel Jerm. Too bad we missed you at grad. Your reel looked really nice on the big screen. The dog pee was hilarious :D

CGTalk Moderation
12-04-2007, 07:11 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.