PDA

View Full Version : particle color derived from a file texture

wiemer
04-15-2003, 07:48 AM
Hi all,

I have a question, could somebody pls help me out. I've read the new gnomon tutorial about mass. But there is an example of a vase which blows away by particles. For this to happen the particle color is derived from a file texture created by baking the vase's shading group lighting.

http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/tutorials/gravity_vs_uniform/gravity_vs_uniform.html

I know how to bake my textures, but what steps do i have to follow to attach the overal color to the particles? it's a bit unclear to me because i.e. the rgbpp has only a ramp or expression attached. What sort of particles were used to simulate this effect and are there any other steps to which i have to pay much attention to get it done good?

Thank you very much!!!!

gr. Dennis

alexx
04-15-2003, 08:20 AM
particle type does not really matter. it works with all.

what you are looking for is in the emitter -> texture emission attributes (at the very bottom in the AE). there you can connect your baked texture.
your particles just need the rgbPP value to be able to store the color values which they get from the emitter.

cheers

alexx

wiemer
04-15-2003, 08:35 AM
that does the trick! thank you very much!!!
now one with the transparancy, it's not compositing or is it?

gr. Dennis

wiemer
04-15-2003, 08:59 AM
transparancy allready solved thx anyway :)
maya dynamics are so cool :P

gr. Dennis

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.