PDA

View Full Version : cluster-soft mod etc

republicavfx
11-14-2007, 12:31 PM
im having trouble with clusters and softmods in rigs.

essentially i have a simple reverse foot biped rig and i want to use either soft mods or clusters for face deformations.

unfortunately i have same problems with both. once i parent them to head bone the mesh goes haywire.

ive turned on relative mode on each and it changes but is still screwy as hell. i went back to maya 8.5 and tested on a simple cylinder with 2 bones and cluster worked in relative mode but soft mod was still haywire.

i watched an old gnomon video on face rigging and he makes it seem as straight forward as turning on relative mode although i notice before he parents the cluster he turns the envelope to zero then ups it to 1 again after parenting. essentially none of this works for me

i was getting some really good results with wire deformers for the face and using trax to setup face poses....but of course i need clusters to tweak my wires and then it all goes hayware again

somebody help me before i go bananas please

republicavfx
11-16-2007, 01:03 PM
to asnwer my own post....im now using cluster muscle from youneedthisman.com to control wire deformers which i pipe thru to trax poses. cluster muscle works the way maya clusters should work

anthonymcgrath
11-24-2007, 08:22 PM
sounds interesting mate - gonna have a play with that myself when I get a mo :)

just thinking about it - you dont think it may be down to the input order do you?

CGTalk Moderation
11-24-2007, 08:22 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.