PDA

View Full Version : Just a stupid little animation test

ed209
04-12-2002, 04:30 AM
Just fooling around with the boped skele....

http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/kristie.knoll/Content/Animation/GetUp.avi

tuna
04-12-2002, 08:10 AM
hey, i like this :)
seems such an effort to get up
the only thing that bothers me about it is when HIS left hand first leaves the floor it seems to flap around a bit too fast.
also he seems very flexible. but hey, who knows he might be a gymnast :)

ed209
04-12-2002, 08:26 AM
Ya..it is a little flappy. Gonna go in and look at the keys to see what's going on there.

yuval_nathan
04-15-2002, 11:07 PM
hi andrew
i have a little question.
i noticed that you are using many bones in the arm, to make the twist of the palm, possible. i wonder what constraint are you using. im a max user so maybe i should solve this problem in a deferent way.
by the way your animation is nice. i think the head "drag" at the begining of the movement, is too exagerated, and you should pay attention to the placeor person, the character is looking to, at the 2nd half of the animation.
:thumbsup:
yuval

ed209
04-15-2002, 11:44 PM
Actually I was just doing a quick test of the functionality of the skele I downloaded off of http://www.3dluvr.com/pepeland/. If you have 3DS Max 4.2 check it out and you can disect what Daniel Martinez has done for yourself.

ACFred
04-26-2002, 11:45 AM
Hey Ed,

The overall movement looks pretty nice, but the pacing throughout seems too similar. I'd like to see a slightly longer hold, maybe have your character take a breath, just before he finally lifts himself up from the waist. It seems from his positions that this he's really tired or hung over, so give it a little more life and don't be afraid of exaggeration -- although you don't seem to be.

Also, your just when your character is about to lift himself up at the waist (final big movement), and he pushes off with his left hand (I like the closing of the hand there, by the way), he appears to be pulling his arm up instead of his arm propelling him up with a push. Don't have his whole body come up to straighten his arm. Just have his left shoulder go back a bit and once you have the arm extended you can move the rest of his body up. That might do the trick.

Anyway. I hope this makes sense. Just ask if you want clarification (I'm tired and may not make a whole lot of sense :) )

Keep up the good work!

Alec

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.