PDA

View Full Version : Cati's Sketchbook and WIP

Cati
11-14-2007, 09:17 AM
I'll put here sketches and stuff. Bare with me - I'm just an occasional drawer and I haven't got any formal education on drawing. I prefer it that way and like to do things - my way. :)

Latest update:
http://koti.welho.com/klouhio/kuvia/isi.png

Cati
11-15-2007, 06:47 AM
*post and picture removed*

Cati
11-17-2007, 08:25 PM
Something I sketched few weeks back and painted today..
http://koti.welho.com/klouhio/kuvia/browniem.JPG

Cati
01-06-2008, 07:18 PM
Hello.. it's been awhile but here goes a couple of sketches or rough drawings ... :)

http://koti.welho.com/klouhio/kuvia/vampire22.JPG
http://koti.welho.com/klouhio/kuvia/gangster11.jpg

SylvanMist
01-06-2008, 07:24 PM
Hi, I think the gnome guy and your last pic look really nice! The colors and shading are done well, it makes the characters pop.

Cati
01-08-2008, 09:26 AM
Thanks for your kind comments Roja! :)

Cati
01-17-2008, 05:21 PM
Hello...
Few updates. I'm creating pictures of different player races for a game in internet. They'll appear much smaller than this so i haven't exactly been drawing every last details. They are partly still in wip status. Scanned pencil drawings and coloured with Painter IX. Comments and crit welcome of course.

(pictures removed)

boeserWolf
01-18-2008, 03:00 PM
damn nice drawings Cati ... keep it up ;) :thumbsup:

Cati
01-29-2008, 10:40 AM
Thanks for visiting my thread boeser_Wolf .. and for posting your comment. :)

another update.. few hours of work. Scanned sketch and coloured with Painter IX.

(picture removed by author)

Cati
02-12-2008, 08:04 PM
Hello again. Thought I'd update a bit. Few hours of work... any crits or comments ofc very welcome.
I have here the original sketch.

and the almost finished one...

Cati
04-05-2008, 10:32 AM
Updating some..

Comments welcome ofc..

and here's a second one ..

SylvanMist
04-05-2008, 01:08 PM
Hey these are really good! I like their expressions and angles you've drawn them from. They're painted really well too. My only crit is that the Drow's head looks too big for her body. Maybe the elf girl's head above is too a bit.

Cati
04-05-2008, 01:45 PM
Thanks for visiting here again Roja!

and thank you for the crits also. Perhaps the drow's head is indeed too large. I will not fix it though :) It's tedious to fix that kind of thing. The second "elf" isn't actually an elf.. and the head was intended to be larger. It's a sprite with flower petals as clothes.. it seems I failed altogether in drawng those petals - they are hard to draw .. hihi.

SylvanMist
04-05-2008, 02:05 PM
Tedious? Actually that's really easy to fix in photoshop. It could be done in a matter of minutes. Anyway, I know what it's like to be "ahh i'm done!" then post something here and people tell me i need to fix things :p It's a good work nonetheless :)

JennyPenny
04-05-2008, 04:33 PM
Oh I know what you mean, Its so hard to fix scale. Having to fill in the lines where its been scaled down, and having to deal with layer issues. Unless there is another way. But looks like you fixed it at the top, it looks perfect!

All your art is so interesting and fun to look at! It really pops out. And I love the colors you use. How gorgeous!

Cati
08-01-2008, 12:41 PM
Thanks for comments :-) . It's been a while since the last time I was roaming around cgtalk.

I'm feeling a great satisfaction to see my technique getting better and better. I'm totally in love with colours these days.. (I used to draw only B&W).
Here are some pictures from my holiday - yes - it's all work for me. :-)
and yes - the bearded one is a female.. didn't female dwarves have beard?

and here's my favourite one...

GaboRomero
10-01-2008, 06:15 PM
nice paintings!
you understand how light affects skin
And something i saw, if you let me, is that your characters even the evil ones, have a king of hapiness, thats good.
There is a lot of "evil" influence in the painters lately. Im a bit contaminated too. jeje
May be i would like to see a more interesting background.

good luck!

Cati
10-01-2008, 07:23 PM
Thanks GaboRomero :)
I have never noticed the happiness of my evil characters until you pointed it out.. wow. You are right. And I thought I was doing evil... haha.

this is just few of the 80 piece character comission work for an online game (almost finished). That's why the background is pretty oblivious. The pictures will be cropped into several different sizes eventually - and a lot smaller than they are here.

Yay!

TedNindo
10-01-2008, 08:09 PM
hey cati nice work. I would like to see some definietion on the neck of the second woman. But maybe thats just me.

Show us more...

Cati
10-02-2008, 10:24 AM
Hullo, and than's for commenting TedNindo. You are correct - her neck needs some definition. I had noticed that earlier and I will fix it before I submit all the pictures to my customer.

You asked more -- here's some of my latest:
You can see this in my avatar ;-) It's my favourite.

and the male counterpart:

A fantasy penquin:

and I'll add one pencil sketch
http://koti.welho.com/klouhio/kuvia/isi.png

CGTalk Moderation
10-02-2008, 10:24 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.