PDA

View Full Version : general wonderings on arm rigging solution

Geuse
11-13-2007, 11:53 PM
I think I'll start off by explaining what I want to do.
Basically I want to rig an arm where you can plant the hand without any rotate blending occuring. I also would be highly grateful If it might be implemented with mayas own fk blending for IK-handles.
My approach this far has been to create an ikhandle at the wrist which is point constrained to a box. under this box there's a group node with a circle that controls the wrist rotation. The group node itself is orient constrained to the elbow and the armbox. So when switching there's an unattractive blend I would like to get rid off.

Also there's this problem with CGtoolkit's "auto no-flip knee setup". The script itself doesn't produce the thing correctly, might this be an issue with my joint rotation? However the manual approach described in the book works well, but I can't get it to work on the arms, only the legs.

I could settle for a pole vector constraint if it was somehow constrained to lie between the shoulder and the wrist like how it works in the "advanced skeleton" rig. I dont' really know how to set this up, but I'm thinking of using point constraning a group node to both the shoulder and wrist joint, and then placing the pole vector ctrl inside this group.

Any help and suggestions are greatly appreciated!

CGTalk Moderation
11-13-2007, 11:53 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.