PDA

View Full Version : Network file path incorrect

magilla
04-15-2003, 03:09 AM
I cannot open (or create and re-open) projects in Premiere 6.0 that have avi's sourced from another computer on the network. Other machines that are on the same network don't have any problems. I can open the project files and "locate" the clips, but it seems it is saving the wrong path to these files and subsequently can't find it again when I re-open the file.

example:
this is the correct path;
\\render\Ice_Nine\Assassin\FinalAVI\shot01.avi

this is the path my version of Premiere is saving;
\renderIce_NineAssassinFinalAVIshot01.avi

I can't find any preference to change this?

btw I am on Win2000Pro

any help greatly appreciated...

--magilla

Chris
04-15-2003, 04:56 AM
you could try mapping a network drive to the location on the other computer, so you could browse to k:\Ice_Nine\Assassin\FinalAVI\shot01.avi for example. Thats how I've got my network setup, its a breeze. 'E:' drive on all my computers points to 1 physical hard drive on my workstation which has sub directories for textures, audio, framedumps etc. It means I never have to worry about networking issues, I just set up a workspace using files from e:\projects & render to e:\framedump - & the renderslaves know where to go

magilla
04-15-2003, 05:21 AM
Yep, that fixed the problem for the moment - thanks :)

if anyone has a more permanent solution or a reason why it's specific to just one copy of Premiere please let me know.

--magilla

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.