PDA

View Full Version : Need technical help

FerdiJV
11-13-2007, 03:20 PM
I would like to know something(s) concerning 3D Studio Max 9's PF source. I have been using it for quite some time and can do the bare basics of it the question is the following.

How do you make it more "random" like a normal particle system where the particles have a variation between speed and angle: I don't know how to put it in words. My work consists of plant animations and using liquid is one of the things that I use most of the time. To me it looks "dead" if the particle stays at the same "line". Sorry it's the first time trying to explain this to anyone. Another thing do anyone use scripting for particle animations Here is a example of what i want i just hope it works

http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h279/Ferdinand_Venter/?action=view&current=1.flv

plug3
11-13-2007, 05:10 PM
Add some turbulence to your particles (wind in max)

feldy
11-13-2007, 07:34 PM
well first thing first. you can add turblence but thats not what you are looking for. so in the speed operator you are looking for varition and divergence give both of those values a number. you should quicky see it working.

FerdiJV
11-13-2007, 08:46 PM
_d1: Nice idea I will try it tomorrow
feldy: I have tried playing with that before and it didn't work for some reason. I will try it again though, maybe it was just bad luck

Here's more information I generally use Speed by icon because the particles must follow a path some of the pipes have a lot of turns, so the only way to achieve what I want is through PF source and speed by icon. It seems that i forgot that you can use space warps. I saw the option but didn't really think about it. I think I just wanted an easier way.

I will let you guys know if i succeded in my attempt.

FerdiJV
11-13-2007, 08:47 PM
_d1: Nice idea I will try it tomorrow
feldy: I have tried playing with that before and it didn't work for some reason. I will try it again though, maybe it was just bad luck

Here's more information I generally use Speed by icon because the particles must follow a path some of the pipes have a lot of turns, so the only way to achieve what I want is through PF source and speed by icon. It seems that i forgot that you can use space warps. I saw the option but didn't really think about it. I think I just wanted an easier way.

I will let you guys know if i succeded in my attempt.

CGTalk Moderation
11-13-2007, 08:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.