PDA

View Full Version : quicktime options button will crash it every time

fronzel
11-12-2007, 07:37 PM
Hi in combustion 3 and combustion 4, in the render dialog when I hit the options button for quicktime, CRASH everytime. I have no idea what is causeing this. has anyone else had this issue ?

Slugger
11-14-2007, 10:52 AM
only thing I can think of is a codec problem/conflict when QT is calling parameters from them when you hit options,you could try some cleaning out of codecs and reinstall codec packs,

could be combust itself also, I've had some weird stuff going on with QT in combust lately, solved now, but dont' know why/what generated the problem,

also you could contact your autodesk reseller for troubleshooting

cheers,

k.

Steve Green
11-20-2007, 08:48 AM
I've had something similar when I installed a new nvidia gfx card.

Are you running dual screens with an nvidia card? What might work is to try changing the way it displays the dual screens to a single span rather than dualview.

That fixed it for me.

- Steve

dreggsy
11-22-2007, 02:33 AM
Its got to do with trying to preview anyquicktime files files which use the H.264 codec.
It wont crash if you view your folder in list view.

Combustion will render otu QT H.264 but will not import this codec.

elbiancho
01-30-2008, 03:09 PM
Same happend to me too. I changed the settings from Dualview to Horizontal Span and combustion dindnŽt crash. IŽll try installing newer or older graphic drivers

CGTalk Moderation
01-30-2008, 03:09 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.