PDA

View Full Version : The Hapless Hero - Character - TrueOG

TrueOG
04-14-2003, 11:20 PM
I know, I know It's getting late but as it feels like I'll be not much occupied next two weeks, so I decided to give this challenge a try.

This one deals with Dr. Brokenback, a real genious who relies all his powers in the gadgets he makes in his lab. Pity he doesn't know a word about micro-electronics and all he invents it's XXL sized. As he carries all of his gadgets on his shoulders, he can barely walk, don't even think about running. So his only enemy is Mutant Snailman.

I hope I can deal with this villain, too.

This is a crappy sketch I did. Weekend I intend to update to something cleaner- It's holidays, don't expect too much ;)

See ya

TrueOG

angel-o-polis
04-14-2003, 11:40 PM
never is too late
your concept is so Funny!!
Congrats!!:applause:

OZ
04-19-2003, 10:32 AM
Funny!...more?;)

TrueOG
04-20-2003, 07:53 PM
Soon, for sure. A hardware breakdown put me out of bussines last tuesday, just when I was starting colouring the puppy.
I hope this wek I'll be able to post more. It'd would be a pity that for once that I decide to join a challenge I couldn't finish because of something like this:annoyed:

See ya

TrueOG

angel-o-polis
04-21-2003, 05:17 PM
C´mon Man, you can finish, wait (i still dont finish my ilustration, dammed!!) OK, OK, time is on!!:beer:

TrueOG
04-23-2003, 05:59 PM
Finally an update.
Here you can see Dr Brokenback chasing his infamous enemy, Mutant Snailman.

Image removed for the sake of time. You can see the whole evolution HERE (http://cgkitchen.coolfreepages.com/cgchal/cgchall.htm)

Starting colouring tomorrow. Maybe flat colours if I don't find the time, but I'll make an effort.

Hope you like it.

See ya

TrueOG

Rey
04-24-2003, 06:49 AM
:thumbsup:
Nice line work. It is coming along nicely.
I like the facial expressions on both characters.
Funny concept as well.
I can't wait to see it with some color.

TrueOG
04-25-2003, 01:12 PM
Well, I have finished this piece so far. Not very happy with the background but it works enough for me.

Follow this LINK (http://cgkitchen.coolfreepages.com/cgchal/cgchall.htm) to see the whole process.

This is the final entry

http://www.cgchallenge.com/entries/9255/30_large.jpg

Frinsklen
04-27-2003, 03:05 PM
Great concept, I love the style. Yeah, maybe the background looks a bit stiff, don't know... but it works good anyway I think.

I was wondering what tool did you use to clean up those sketches in photoshop? cause it seems like you used them as reference, didn't you?

:beer:

TrueOG
04-27-2003, 08:54 PM
Nada de herramientas extrañas, compatriota infografista.
Un poco de magia con illustrator y un uso mesurado de los "calligraphic brushes". Eso es todo. Si los configuras de manera adecuada, simulan perfectamente un entintado tradicional con pluma.

And now the translation...

No extrange tools to clean up the sketches, just an average use of the calligraphic brushes in illustrator. The right configuration for each path gives you a pretty good looking inking.

See ya

TrueOG

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.