PDA

View Full Version : Fear

alexanimator
11-12-2007, 06:57 PM
Here is a short piece of a character who just walks into a room and is frightened by a noise.

http://www.hagbros.com/FEAR_smooth_2.mov

Obviously any and all crits are extremely welcome. I like it so far, but their are things that I know need to be fixed.

Thanks everyone.

KyleG
11-12-2007, 07:18 PM
off to a pretty good start, some things I noticed
-his hands and fingers seem very stiff, get some overlapping action in them and some finger poses

- the first pose, both his feet are pointing in the same direction, try rotating the screen right foot towards screen right

- the nail bitting at the end really isn't reading, a character with that big of hands is going to make it really hard to pull this off, I'd try having the character rub his hands together nervously along with a lot of eye darts and scared facial expressions, also in this short the only thing that is moving is the characters head, everthing else is froze, watch out for this.

also if its possible, putting a frame counter on your render makes pointing out specific areas much easier

keep it up!

alexanimator
11-13-2007, 05:08 PM
Thanks Kyle,

Great advice. As far as the hands go, I haven't touched them yet. However, i was very set on him chewing off his fingernails, because it could be really funny and so I was attached to that. After I thought it over though, your idea seems like it would be really fun to animate. I don't want to take it frame by frame or anything, but I like where your going with it.

Thanks again for the crits. I'll see about the frame counter as well.

bonkanailios
11-14-2007, 07:09 AM
I know this is just a start, but you are skipping your ease ins and outs, so he is looking a little floaty. Definitely play with your curves alot more.

alexanimator
11-29-2007, 11:56 PM
Hey guys,
I've made some revisions to the first pass on my animation. I tried to loosen him up a bit and also scrapped the whole chewing on his hands thing. It wasn't reading very well, and it didn't have the comedic effect I was hoping for. I think the new version has some.

I also tried a little camera move near the end. If you've seen Serenity, then I was going for the camera pan and rotate during the heist in the beginning of the movie. The part when River picks out the guy with the gun.

Anyways, I hope you guys like the new version as I believe it's MUCH better.

http://www.hagbros.com/FEAR_smooth_2.mov

thanks again

CGTalk Moderation
11-29-2007, 11:56 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.