PDA

View Full Version : Inputs order! I hate it.

superjab
11-12-2007, 04:22 PM
Hi everyone

This thing is killing me! I modelled my character, rigged, skinned EVERYTHING SMOOTH AND PERFECT all right? I did 28 blend shapes and they also work perfectly.
The big problem is when I try to asjust the order of the inputs of my character, Maya doesn't allow me to do that.

Error: more than one object names: "thenameofthecharacter"

So I can't put he blend shapes input anywhere it stays at the top of the list and I can't move it down after the skincluster.

I thought it was a problem with the blend shapes, so I made some new ones and still the same problem.

I saved the character imported somewherelse, I changed all the names but still nothing.

This thing is driving me maaaaaaaaaaaaddddd.

I need help.

What the hell is going on?

Thanks.

JAB

thematt
11-12-2007, 08:19 PM
try to select the object with that prticular name using mel maybe:

select thenameofthecharacter;

if it return 2 or more objects rename them correctly.

Else you can unbind, export weight, apply the blend shape, and rebind on top of it.

You can also change the order of cretion of your blendshape right at the moment you create it.Put it as front of chain directly into the advance tab of the blendShape creation.

hope it help

thematt
11-12-2007, 08:21 PM
double post

twedzel
11-13-2007, 02:12 AM
You've got two things named the same in one scene. Which is a pain in the ass and I wish Maya never let you do that. Now you need ot find out which two they are. You can do it from the selection box or you can type it in the command line

select -r thenameofthecharacter; (as themattes) already said. Then go into the hypergraph and see what has been selected. Rename one of the offending pieces of geo.

Chowda
11-13-2007, 03:50 AM
this isn't really advice so much as encouragement, but... I'm feeling how rigging can drive you maaaaaad. I've been working on the same rig for almost nine months now. Its not your typical rig, its not even a biped, but its been a test of will to keep working on it. Just this week I had a huge breakthrough and man did that feel good.

Keep at it.

CGTalk Moderation
11-13-2007, 03:50 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.