PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Material Dynamic

lo
11-12-2007, 08:18 AM
Hi

I'm experiencing a problem using a Material Dynamic with an animated texture.

The problem is that there are several sub-materials (each with a different animated texture). When I render out a frame in the middle of the animation, everything is fine, but when I render the entire animation from frame 0, only the first sub-material is used! (no material IDs are assigned I'm guessing).

I'm frustrated out of my mind, anyone got any ideas, except rendering each frame by itself? :)
Thanks

correction: when I render out a frame in the middle of the sequence, all the sub-materials are used but the animation is ignored!

Wicked
11-12-2007, 03:02 PM
[...]
correction: when I render out a frame in the middle of the sequence, all the sub-materials are used but the animation is ignored!

Maybe your animated texture is out of time when you are in the middle of the seq.
How long your animated textures? And did you try to "loop" them?

lo
11-12-2007, 03:08 PM
Maybe your animated texture is out of time when you are in the middle of the seq.
How long your animated textures? And did you try to "loop" them?

Let me clarify:
When I render only frame 10 - there are all the submaterials, but the animation is 'over', already on its last frame.
When I render frames 1 through 10 consecutively, without changing a thing, the animation works fine but only one submaterial is used.

I've already gone around the problem by splitting the flow into several different events, but this is not very elegant or easily managable :(

CGTalk Moderation
11-12-2007, 03:08 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.