PDA

View Full Version : Horse gallop cycle

jfalgout
11-12-2007, 06:23 AM
This is the first part of one of my assets for my demo reel. Took about 4 hours to do. Just looking for some constructive feedback. Thanks

Gallop Cycle (http://www.justinfalgout.com/RunCycle22.mov)

anthonymcgrath
11-12-2007, 08:21 AM
heyup thats really good! Maybe try adding a bit more neck head movement in but I am being picky - its really really nice otherwise :)

Widunder
11-12-2007, 12:11 PM
It looks really neat, but I think you should look over the timing cuz it looks like it slows down right before he stretches out his legs for a new step. Also try to get more up/down movement on the body.

Keep up the good work!

jfalgout
11-12-2007, 01:27 PM
Thanks Anthony, I agree. I think adding a little more weight to the head will do a lot for it.

anthonymcgrath
11-12-2007, 03:15 PM
It looks really neat, but I think you should look over the timing cuz it looks like it slows down right before he stretches out his legs for a new step. Also try to get more up/down movement on the body.

Keep up the good work!

see I were gonna suggest the up down movement on the body Makyysch but after looking at footage of horses at high speed around a track there tends not to be much updown motion. Same with ppl running a serious sprint as opposed to a jog.. less up down motion as they're literally planing across the surface :) def worth Jfalgout giving it a try out though :D

cheers
ant

jfalgout
11-12-2007, 08:22 PM
Thanks guys for all the feedback. I gave it some more up and down movement and pushed the overlap on the spine a little more. Let me know what you think.

Updated Cycle (http://www.justinfalgout.com/RunCycle24.mov)

terryow
11-13-2007, 02:32 AM
Hello there, I saw a very nice and smooth cycle there. Can i have a look on ur rig?

jfalgout
11-13-2007, 03:35 AM
Sorry terry, this thread is for crits only. I cant send you anything because this rig is not mine to give away.

anthonymcgrath
11-13-2007, 07:19 AM
wow thats the ticket mate - great stuff! :bounce:

CGTalk Moderation
11-13-2007, 07:19 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.