PDA

View Full Version : 3D-modeling (VFS)

seba108
11-11-2007, 05:04 PM
This is my demo reel from Vancouver Film School. I specialized in modelling, texturing and lighting.

Most of the stuff is done with XSI and Photoshop. I put alot of hours using XSIs built-in compositor, which helped me with some lighting issues. With the last piece (bountyhunter) I jumped back and foward between XSI and ZBrush3. I used After Effects only for the titles and editing.

http://features-temp.cgsociety.org/gallerycrits/209656/209656_1185934069_submedium.jpg

When I started the 3D-animation & Visual Effects program I was planing to go for animation and make my own little short film. I think it was is in the end of the second term (6 terms in total) when I decided to go for modelling instead. I've always loved character designing and this way I was able to create my own wierd characters.

flv.movie (in my gallery) (http://seba108.cgsociety.org/gallery/)

**update**
mov. 60,9mb (right click and save target as) (http://www.foliarte.fi/movie/3d64_seba_demoreel.mov)

It might take a while to download the file, because the server is in Finland...sorry...

About the wireframes...
Yeah... I saw this coming :) ... My excuse is that there will be newer version with more stuff... and at the moment I don't have a working XSI, so I'm not able to get the wireframes rendered.

phantomworkshop
11-11-2007, 05:47 PM
First off, let me say that this reel is really nicely done. The logo and background work fit so nicely together with the stylized characters and scenes. I think it's nice that you didn't just make a turntable of your models with wireframe views, etc. And that you took a risk and did something different. I think Art Directors and the like will really appreciate the stylized vibe of your characters and the detail in your scenes. Great lighting, modeling and awesome texturing!

Plug this one CGTalk!

mttjss
11-11-2007, 08:35 PM
I agree with Phantom. Really well polished and nice attention to detail. I would have liked to see at least 1 wireframe to see how you go about modeling - maybe the bounty hunter.
You do have a nice sense of texturing and lighting.
Good luck with your future jobs! :thumbsup:

Matt -

ragdoll
11-11-2007, 09:07 PM
mmm, imho it would be been better to show some wireframe shots of your models... since i think it's the most important aspect in modeling reels...

on the plus side, you do have some nice renders and lighting setups going on...

Loukor
11-12-2007, 11:38 AM
Hey Seba :D you finally decided to post your piece, Congrats :). Been a pleasure meeting you, goodluck to your future!

ANasir
11-12-2007, 02:27 PM
Very nice reel Seba, congrats on the quality and quantity of work you put out! Was always impressed with your speed and attention to detail.

-Aishath

Intervain
11-12-2007, 04:39 PM
I really liked the first little scene! Nice detail and mood...

I have to agree with others about the lack of wires, which would be useful if you're aming for a modeling position.

Most of all, best of luck and congrats on finishing :)

keomega
11-12-2007, 06:36 PM
awsome work man i love it, the mood and lighting in the first one is perfect, u got mucho stylos

cant wait to see where ur gonna go

greets Sander

KrisSeli
11-15-2007, 02:27 AM
Seba, the level of detail and the feeling of your characters' is great. I think my favorite is the bunny's expression. :) Are you ever gonna texture the girl sculpt?
It was so much fun watching you work, and to see you evolve as an artist.
I'll be watching you. hahaha, that's not supposed to sound creepy!

Heber
11-15-2007, 03:37 AM
hey man!
this turned out really well, i like the style of the characters in that 2nd scene.
best of luck. :)

ATARAXIAN
11-15-2007, 03:44 AM
Congrats on the Reel, Seba!! Love your style and lighting. Also admire the amount of work you got done and your attention to detail. Good Luck with everything:)

Plug this, CGTalk!!

Ari

samsonwong
11-15-2007, 08:59 AM
Wow, Seba...
very nice work here! A really strong piece, great lighting, texturing and modelling.
I love your character designs... overall two thumbs up!
Good luck !!

Sam

seba108
11-15-2007, 06:59 PM
Thank you all for the kind words.

Kristen: I don't think I'm going to texture her,,, atleast not yet :P. I'm working on a new character and hopefully I manage to squeeze it out in few weeks.

Everyone from vfs: A big super :P mega thanks to you. There was always someone in the antfarm who was willing to help or tag along to 7/11.

alanSmithee
11-27-2007, 02:52 AM
seba,

i wish i was half as talented as you when i was your age. hell i wish i was that talented now.

that's one hell of a reel, and congrats on the new job.

-j

p.s. thanks for all the help this past year.

p.p.s. plug this already, cgtalk!

CGTalk Moderation
11-27-2007, 02:52 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.