PDA

View Full Version : Engine´s Noise effect

FabioMSilva
04-14-2003, 09:46 AM
Ok, lately i´ve been thinking on how to create that soft&transparant engine noise effect. I thought of using semi tranparant particles like sparks but i dont think theyll do it.
U know? That effect often seen in Final Fantasy the Spirits withing, when an engine is workin the turbines make this kinda of cool tranparent noise in the air also used on gunshots.
I need to learn how to do this in compositing. Please helpe me.

Also if i want to make something in the ground move and make trails on the sand as it passes by what must i do? I´ve heard about a sand blaster plugin but i dunno if thaTS WHAT i should use to create such effect.

Programs i use

Combustion2
3Dsmax5
AE5.5

but most of all what i really want to learn is that engine noise compositing effect cause that quite adds lots of realism into the scene.

Cheers!

FabioMSilva
04-14-2003, 10:07 AM
here´s the effect i want(not the fire but the noise coming from it)

it seems someone wanted to do the same as i did, but in the end i dont understand how he manages to do it :(

http://www.cgtalk.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=72977

beaker
04-14-2003, 07:52 PM
>>I thought of using semi tranparant particles like sparks but i dont think theyll do it.

You want to do it this way. Render the particles in a separate pass and use them to displace the background image in the compositor.

dmeyer
04-14-2003, 08:39 PM
There was once a tut on DvGarage.com on this very topic...using a couple of particle passes as displacement for your background plate.

www.dvgarage.com

FabioMSilva
04-15-2003, 12:18 AM
thanx guys...i´ll go look into it right now.

FabioMSilva
04-15-2003, 12:21 AM
strange...i cant find the tut...i´ll have a better look on it l8 on... keep bringing in suggestions please...

also how was the same effect achieved in FFtsw? i really would like to know hoiw they managed to do it

joconnell
04-15-2003, 12:54 PM
Heres the link - http://www.dvgarage.com/garage/a2d/tut/tutpast/tutpast_view/tutpast_view.php?tutdate=01_09_15&renders=5&projectfiles=no

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.