PDA

View Full Version : Wrap and blendShape

johnchuang
11-09-2007, 10:47 AM
hi,guys.I'm new to maya . Is it possible to use both wrap and blendShape deformers in one model ? I mean, I want to use wrap deformer for the head part and blendShape deformer for the body. If it is possible , what's the proper workflow? and what's the right inputs order?
Do you seperate the head when facial rigging ,or not?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

johnchuang
11-15-2007, 01:52 PM
any one use the same method?

jason108
11-18-2007, 03:29 PM
duplicate you full body mesh with skin cluster name it _dup.

Select the faces you want for your face>duplicate faces.

now you have three separate meshes.

full body base

_dup

face

select your _dup as your target then select your full body mesh with skin cluster as your base>make blend shape.

select _dup then face (or vis versa if it doesn't work, order of selection matters) >create wrap.

paint weights on _dup blend shape to smooth out blend shape around neck mesh.

This is so you can have your face blend shapes on just the face mesh and add it to your full body rig.

hope that helps.

Thanks
Jason

johnchuang
11-19-2007, 05:53 AM
hi ,jason108 ,thank you! It works ,but the feedback is slow when I order the blendshape before wrap deformer. I paint skin weight on the origin mesh , then create blendshpe and wrap deformer, at last setdrivenKeys on blendShapes. I put wrap deformer before blendShape and after skinCluster . I try to move the control curv(which is drive the blendShape), the feedback is very slow . If use both wrap and blendShpe , how to deal with the feedback issue , or I've done something wrong? Thank you.

CGTalk Moderation
11-19-2007, 05:53 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.