PDA

View Full Version : loosing driven keys?

Gemini
04-14-2003, 03:17 AM
what a pain in my tush. for some reason, i loose my driven keys on my fingers. it seems to happen at random times, but maybe i am doing something wierd. if anyone has any ideas why this would happen i would really appreciate it. cheers

dmcgrath
04-14-2003, 07:26 AM
I'm going to need a little more information on what you are doing before your SDK's die on you. It is most likely a user error. I've lost SDK's only when I delete some history that I shouldn't have or used freeze trans or something like that. I've never had Maya drop them without being able to trace it back to something I did in the scene.

MDuffy
04-14-2003, 05:35 PM
Do the SDKs really disappear? Are their nodes gone? If the nodes are there, are the connections gone? Or if nodes and connections are there, do the nodes just stop solving?

Later,
Michael Duffy
mduffy@ionet.net

Gemini
04-14-2003, 09:08 PM
i hope this makes sense. well, after a little investigation, it seems like the connections have switched to a dnSetmember(i don't even know what that is) i don't know how, or why, but there is a very good chance i did something stupid without realizing it. i am going to set them straight once more, and see if they stick this time.

it is really strange because (i have a locator at each hand to control the fingers) one of the locators works, while the other doesn't, likewise, the one that works still has the sdk nodes and correct connections, while the other has the connections going to these dnSetmenbers. why they went there, i sure don't know. anyway, this last time i will be super careful when i assign the sdk's, and if it doesn't stick, then argh!

thank you for you inquiries. i was hoping that there was some sort of bug or something, but now that it is most likely my error, i will try it again. if you have any advice feel free to share. hopefully i won't have this problem again.

BTW, i haven't been deleting any history or anything.

dmcgrath
04-16-2003, 09:29 PM
Are you doing one setup and then trying to mirror it to the other side? That won't work because you have to have some change in the names of things in order for Maya to differentiate between the two sides (hands in this case). Otherwise, I think dnSetmember is short for Dag Node Set Member. Which must just become a place holder that Maya makes up, to give it attributes it can make sense of. I hope that just redoing the SDK's will do the trick for you, good luck.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.