PDA

View Full Version : problem with blendShape

johnchuang
11-08-2007, 03:52 PM
hi,guys. I rigged a character. I'm try to make some blendShapes to fix the belly part.But some verts on original mesh move a bit BEFORE I make any sculptting !
1. Duplicate the bound mesh and unlock the channels.
2. select the duplicated mesh and original mesh createBlendShape.
3. order the blendShape before skinCluster in original mesh's inputs.
These are all I've done. Then I set the blendShape value to 1 ,ok the original mesh ,let's say, the head move a little bit higher . I'm puzzled. Any thing I've done wrong or things? Any and all help will be appreciated !!!

jason108
11-08-2007, 08:46 PM
did you goto bind pose?

johnchuang
11-09-2007, 02:11 AM
thank you ,jason! I go to bind pose ,but it still happens. (Is go to bindpose a must when create a blendshape? I'm pretty new to maya.)
Thank you for your help.

BTW: your method to mirror blendShape is cool !:thumbsup:

djx
11-10-2007, 07:32 AM
When you duplicate the mesh you need to make sure you dont have any changes gettng baked into the vetices. Normally going to the bindpose before doing the duplicate will ensure this, but to be really sure you could look at the inputs of your mesh and set the envelopes of all deformers to zero (includes skin cluster or wraps or regular clusters etc).

-- David

johnchuang
11-10-2007, 01:53 PM
Hey David, you really help me out, thank you!:thumbsup: I turn off all envelopes , then apply the blendshape , yes! it works! no shift this time . I finally found the skinCluster cause that problem . Maybe I accidentally moved some joints, or made some other mistakes like bad parenting and grouping thing .

again thank you David!

ps: your blog looks nice:)

CGTalk Moderation
11-10-2007, 01:53 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.