PDA

View Full Version : short film "the paper"

avneriginal
11-08-2007, 04:59 AM
Hi there,

Our short film production is progressing and coming along slowly, the pressure is building up as there is not long before it's due.

I would like to take this opportunity and post a work in progress clip of where we are at with the production.

www.avneriginal.com/blog
(http://www.avneriginal.com/blog)
Please bare in mind that the animation in the LAST two shots is still a work in progress and it's not polished yet.

Please watch it and tell us what you think.

any comments or crits are most welcome.

avneriginal
11-11-2007, 06:12 AM
Based on the comments we received from different people I did another sequencing pass to improve the continuity and the flow of the movie.

Once again any thoughts are most welcome.

http://www.avneriginal.com/blog/2007/11/11/wip-another-sequencing-pass/

anthonymcgrath
11-12-2007, 08:52 AM
hi Avner

nice blocking out. Be nice to see it finished up with audio an the like (was no audio on that mov). I think maybe reverse the letterbox shot. Start outside, pull backward and come through the letterbox maybe showing him looking out?
good stuff though, obviously you've yet to finess anims but its working really well :)

(now crit mine in my signature lol!) ;)

avneriginal
11-15-2007, 08:44 AM
With one week to go before our deadline we had to start wrap things up. Although the animation, the acting and some other technical things are not quite there yet (we only had 5 weeks to work on it), we had to move on to try and finish the project.

Below is a link to the most recent version of the short. In the most recent pass we did, we added some more rendered scenes and two extra shots to complete the sequencing.

As always, comments and feedback are always welcome.

http://www.avneriginal.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/blocking-web02.mov

donnyq
11-27-2007, 02:30 PM
Nice work! I like the story and the over-all look of it is very good. I wanted to comment on your editing... I think that in terms of telling the overall story you could establish things a bit better... some of the cuts felt a little awkward. Like when he wakes up and then suddenly its the next day... Maybe a clock wipe or some kind of sequence like that would fix it.

I wanted to ask you how you achieved all those Depth of Field effects? Through compositing? or direct out of your 3d software? Speaking of which what did you use?

avneriginal
11-27-2007, 08:54 PM
Nice work! I like the story and the over-all look of it is very good. I wanted to comment on your editing... I think that in terms of telling the overall story you could establish things a bit better... some of the cuts felt a little awkward. Like when he wakes up and then suddenly its the next day... Maybe a clock wipe or some kind of sequence like that would fix it.

I wanted to ask you how you achieved all those Depth of Field effects? Through compositing? or direct out of your 3d software? Speaking of which what did you use?

Thanks donnyq!
The Depph of field effects were achived through compositing different layers from Maya and then blending them in After Effects.It took us about 6 weeks to pull it together.

CGTalk Moderation
11-27-2007, 08:54 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.